Hacking HELP!!!I think my Micro SD card is bricked!

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, I recently dled the DSbible and put it on my DS aswell as a few other roms. Next thing I knew, I can't load anything more onto it. I was like...ok maybe it is the card reader...so I took out the SD and put it in my cyclod to check if it was the SD. It said I had to reformat it. Now as I try to click into my SD card...it just says there's nothing there...Anyone had this problem and have a solution?

P.S. My computer does not recognize a disk if there is in there.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I consider that but it won't let me reformat b/c it doesn't read anything there. It recognize there is a G drive being in use, but no file to reformat or anything. I can't open it.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought that would be the case, but I am near positive it is the SD card b/c my ds can't read it.*And I currently have no other card reader to check*

I used another card reader, it can't seem to read it.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really need help please...*I think I may have posted in the wrong forum which may explain why people aren't reading it?* but yes, anyone who knows anything about why this is happening please explain...

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
DSBible, eh? Try praying.
tongue.gif

Seriously though, try formatting the card in another device, such as a phone or a camera.

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It got scratched to the point it cant read, from taking it out and putting it in all those times. I have no idea how you can fix it though happened to me, now i keep backup data.

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a SD card die once. Couldn't be read or formatted in any reader or device. I had to send it in (usually they have lifetime warranty I think? It was a Corsair.) Got a free replacement in like a week, so not too bad.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
interesting feedbacks guys...I would think that is possible that it may be b/c of all the scratches...but why hasn't anyone else had this problem? I mean, i had mine less than a year and others more...so yea, not sure how accurate the scratching thing is but still possible. As for reformatting it, I can't b/c there is nothing to reformat. My computer does not read a micro sd inside the g drive. It recgonizes something is there, but can't access it or read it.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kevenka said:
As for reformatting it, I can't b/c there is nothing to reformat. My computer does not read a micro sd inside the g drive. It recgonizes something is there, but can't access it or read it.
That's why you try it in a camera or a phone. It's not a guaranteed fix, but it does sometimes work for cards with the symptoms you described.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kevenka said:
I didn't know you could reformat a sd card on a phone...Can you go into further details bot?(and thanks
smile.gif
)

Lol further details? It,s simple. You put the card in, the phone detects it. Then you go to whatever settings and format it. Thats how it works on my phone.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What 754boy said. I don't have a cell phone or a camera that takes SD cards so I've never done this myself, but I've seen quite a few reports of it working.

Obviously, you'll need access to a phone or camera that takes SD cards (or SDHC cards, if that's what you've got), and an adapter if it takes full size or miniSD cards.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks you guys,
I'll try it when I get home. I am currently at UT Austin for orientation...so my sd card isn't with me...So yea, Thanks and I'll post the updates on what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end