HELP! I think my 3DS NAND Is broken.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by efflucas, Jun 30, 2017.

1. efflucas
    OP

efflucas Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2017
    Okay, so right now, I'm trying to keep calm and I think I'm doing pretty good. Okay so this is what happened. I picked up my 3DS Again trying to update to the latest Luma3DS version (8.1 as of now), After a while I decided to get the latest LumaUpdater (2.1.2 as of now), and first I tried to only make it write on the SD-Card, still in the Updater It only showed "7.1-something" (I think it had some letters and numbers after but I'm not sure, I didn't pay attention to that). My 3DS Powered off which I found strange at first. So I tried to boot it again and it immediately shut itself off. I took out the SD-Card and tried booting it but with the same result. I've tried booting into the Luma Chainloader and the GodMode9. But nothing happens It just shuts itself of.

-- I think I've seen a similar thread like this with NAND and if it's bricked or not but I decided to one myself.
    Please help me. My parents can't afford and will NOT buy me a new one.

2. Catsinabucket

Catsinabucket GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Are you on A9LH or B9S? The latest Luma updates require B9S as they are in .firm file format (this is probably stating the obvious if you're already on B9S)

3. efflucas
    OP

efflucas Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2017
    Im on B9S.......

4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
  5. efflucas
    OP

efflucas Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2017
    Well that's a little bit to late now don't ya think?!

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    No, just download an older version of Luma3DS. Then follow the guide to updating to B9S 1.2 Then replace the older version of Luma3DS with the newest one. Everything is explained in the guide.
    Here's a direct link to the Luma3DS 7.1

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Jun 30, 2017
  7. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    Download older luma (which supports b9s lower than 1.1) -> download safeb9supdater -> update b9s-> download newest luma -> copy boot.firm and luma folder to ctrnand -> reboot

8. efflucas
    OP

efflucas Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2017
    But I can't boot my 3DS at all.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And I can't even boot into GodMode9 or the Luma chainloader.

9. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    You can overwrite any sd data without problems. Just download an older Luma version and overwrite the boot.firm on the sd.

Quantumcat and astronautlevel like this.
  10. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    what does you 3ds do when you push power button? Does the blue led lid up for a sec and then fade out?

11. Bluespheal

Bluespheal GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2016
    Mexico
    This happened to me when luma 8.0 first came out, do what others say, bricking is almost impossible now, no need to panic, if your 3DS bursts into flames, that's when you panic.