Hacking [Help]I think i bricked my friends wii

mudbone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, i successfully followed THIS guide all the way till i finished patching IOS60. the wii is a 4.1u. all installations went fine(so it said) then after the patching of ios60 and the wii was rebooting it went to a black screen and now thats all i get! Is there any way of getting it back? Thanks in advance!

and no i dont have preloader cause that was the next step in the guide..lol

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IOS60 Installer is brickware. You stubbed your system menu IOS. If you didn't have Bootmii as Boot2, then call Nintendo.

That tool started bricking wiis when 4.2 came out.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mudbone said:
hi guys, i successfully followed THIS guide all the way till i finished patching IOS60. the wii is a 4.1u. all installations went fine(so it said) then after the patching of ios60 and the wii was rebooting it went to a black screen and now thats all i get! Is there any way of getting it back? Thanks in advance!

and no i dont have preloader cause that was the next step in the guide..lol
next time use this guide http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide. gbatempers expert tut makers made this. no bootmii too? then you need to call nintendo if you cannot access HBC.

mudbone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys, thats kinda what i figured and i could have installed bootmii but not to boot 2 only the ios, not sure if it wold have helped anyway! what should i tell nintendo?? that i did a system update and it messed it up? and if so what do you think they will do..replace or fix it?

hempin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's under warranty and since it's hardware problem they'll first test the whole system then replace or fix as they see fit meaning. if thats all thats wrong and the rest of your system is in good shape then they'll prob reset back to 3.3,but if you have no warranty ,it's $75 to repair + shipping (which mine was $10) and the "Update Story" works fine with explaining what happened. Then it's a 3 week wait posibly shorter if your closer to a nintendo service center

mudbone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol...i warned him of the dangers and i actually told him i did not even want to do it, but he begged and begged so i did it... you live and learn i suppose!

in the future though once hbc is installed on a 4.0+ system can i just use the downgrader to go to 3.2u without doing the whole trucha bug thing?

DigitalSquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mudbone said:
lol...i warned him of the dangers and i actually told him i did not even want to do it, but he begged and begged so i did it... you live and learn i suppose!

in the future though once hbc is installed on a 4.0+ system can i just use the downgrader to go to 3.2u without doing the whole trucha bug thing?

No point on going that far back. 4.0 is perfect. You need to trucha patch though. Or did the CIOS cover that..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users