[Help]I think i bricked my friends wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mudbone, Nov 16, 2009.

Nov 16, 2009
  1. mudbone
    OP

Newcomer mudbone Member

United States
    hi guys, i successfully followed THIS guide all the way till i finished patching IOS60. the wii is a 4.1u. all installations went fine(so it said) then after the patching of ios60 and the wii was rebooting it went to a black screen and now thats all i get! Is there any way of getting it back? Thanks in advance!

and no i dont have preloader cause that was the next step in the guide..lol

2. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    IOS60 Installer is brickware. You stubbed your system menu IOS. If you didn't have Bootmii as Boot2, then call Nintendo.

That tool started bricking wiis when 4.2 came out.

3. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
    next time use this guide http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide. gbatempers expert tut makers made this. no bootmii too? then you need to call nintendo if you cannot access HBC.

4. mudbone
    OP

Newcomer mudbone Member

United States
    thanks guys, thats kinda what i figured and i could have installed bootmii but not to boot 2 only the ios, not sure if it wold have helped anyway! what should i tell nintendo?? that i did a system update and it messed it up? and if so what do you think they will do..replace or fix it?

5. hempin

Newcomer hempin Advanced Member

United States
    If it's under warranty and since it's hardware problem they'll first test the whole system then replace or fix as they see fit meaning. if thats all thats wrong and the rest of your system is in good shape then they'll prob reset back to 3.3,but if you have no warranty ,it's $75 to repair + shipping (which mine was $10) and the "Update Story" works fine with explaining what happened. Then it's a 3 week wait posibly shorter if your closer to a nintendo service center

6. bosman

Member bosman GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Your name will be mud now..lol...

Bad luck dude.

7. mudbone
    OP

Newcomer mudbone Member

United States
    lol...i warned him of the dangers and i actually told him i did not even want to do it, but he begged and begged so i did it... you live and learn i suppose!

in the future though once hbc is installed on a 4.0+ system can i just use the downgrader to go to 3.2u without doing the whole trucha bug thing?

8. DigitalSquirrel

Member DigitalSquirrel GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No point on going that far back. 4.0 is perfect. You need to trucha patch though. Or did the CIOS cover that..