Help, I screwed up my wii menu

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lime_slusho, Jul 14, 2008.

Jul 14, 2008
  1. lime_slusho
    OP

Newcomer lime_slusho Member

United States
    Ok, well I tried to change the banner for a vc game, and I made it so I can't veiw the menu, no I do not get the white, "Do you need help" brick screen, I get the saftey warning then a black screen. Is there anyway I can get in the wii and delete the file. Also, is there a way I can connect it to a computer and view the files?

P.S. is there a way I could like send this in to Nintendo, or toys r us (I have insurance) and they'll fix it without facing fines, or anything. I have all the original carts of the games, except Earthbound Zero (Which was never realesed), and I also own the orignal VC game I injected those into.

2. g4jek8j54

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm not one hundred percent sure on this, but I think that I read before that this can be fixed with Bushing's semi-brick fix. However, it needs to be burned to a disc, so you can only do it with a modded Wii.

3. lolsjoel

Member lolsjoel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Depends. If you have a modchip, then you may be able to fix your Wii by replacing the main.dol of a disc with boot.dol of a WAD manager. You'll have to make the ISO autoboot by, I believe, changing the first character of the ISO to a 0 (zero) by HEX editing it.

If you do not have a modchip, your Wii is bricked and you will not be fixing it. If you have a Toys R Us extended warranty, feel free to go through them to get it fixed. If your Wii is still under the Nintendo only warranty, you can send it to them, though there's no guarantee they'll fix it for free if they can tell you've been modding your Wii.

4. Hubris

Newcomer Hubris Newbie

United States
  5. lolsjoel

Member lolsjoel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    And that's assuming he has a PAL Wii. That ISO will need to be run through RegionFrii to work on his NTSC-U system.

6. lime_slusho
    OP

United States
    ****! I don't have it modded, so does anyone know if I can send it in to toys r us, and is there any way I might be able to run ISO's without moding?

7. lime_slusho
    OP

United States
  8. g4jek8j54

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No. That needs to be booted through GeckoOS/Region Free, which needs to be loaded by the Homebrew Channel or Twilight Hack.

Since you don't have a modded Wii, as others have stated, you cannot fix it by yourself, as there is no way of booting burned discs on an unmodded Wii. Therefore, you wouldn't be able to make the disc autoboot.

9. lime_slusho
    OP

United States
    Ok, so what can I use to mod my wii? I'd perfer something cheap and easy to install, and what about updates bricking my wii? I don't want to start to have to worry about that? (asking the question about toys r us)