(HELP!) I replaced my Motherboard but... (see pictures)

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by LegendaryOutcast, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LegendaryOutcast
    OP

LegendaryOutcast Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    United States
    So the motherboard works fine and is version 3.35

My issue is that the back lid will not go back on the vita because the motherboard I got has an additional part that my vita did not have.

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL THAT CAME ON MY VITA: 20170524_142714.jpg

THIS IS THE REPLACEMENT: (Notice the extra white part on the bottom right side) 20170524_142719.jpg
    THE BACK LID WILL NOT GO BACK ON BECAUSE OF THE EXTRA WHITE PART (on the bottom right side)

My question is how should i go about removing it? if that is even the solution.

2. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Just a bit to the right, or was left...
    I've seen slim.boards with that part...

3. LegendaryOutcast
    OP

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    United States
    I checked the back lid it has extra black plastic parts that dont seem to have a function other then getting in the way, that the other models dont have it makes the white thing bump against it and wont close properly, is it safe to remove that thing???

4. LegendaryOutcast
    OP

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    United States
    Well I ended up breaking the extra plastic on the back lid in order to get it to fit properly, it seems to be excess plastic that other vita models don't have.

Simonius007 likes this.
  5. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    Not excess plastic , what you broke was the half PCI-E slot used for the 3G models , that is the MDM6xxx chip that handles 3G stuff, well done because instead of modifying the case so you would have 3G you broke a part of the motherboard.

ShroomKing likes this.
  6. LegendaryOutcast
    This message by LegendaryOutcast has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 28, 2017, Reason: Bickering.
    May 26, 2017
  7. DeoNaught

DeoNaught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Over there ;)
    have you tried trimming the plastic?

LegendaryOutcast likes this.
  8. LegendaryOutcast
    OP

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    United States
    Yeah apparently i ordered a motherboard for the 3G model 1001 model.

Take a look so you see what my problem was. MY model had plastic pieces placed at the right side next to the battery where here you can see there is NO plastic but more of a square/rectangular socket, i ended up cutting out the plastic so it ended up looking like this. Anyways that was the only solution without removing the white part. AT LEAST FOR MY VITA MODEL.
    [​IMG]

9. DeoNaught

DeoNaught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Over there ;)
    new housing?

10. LegendaryOutcast
    OP

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    United States
    Well sure, but I'm not about to go buy new housing for this when i already paid for a motherboard, I would rather just cut off the excess plastic, it only took me like 3 minutes, besides look. That plastic has no use on my model as it was, it has 0 function and my model isn't even designed to have the 3G anyways so it doesn't matter. How do i close this thread?

11. YugiSenpai

YugiSenpai GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2017
    Canada
    I don't think he broke the half PCI-E slot, he just removed some excess plastic on the back lid.

Last edited by YugiSenpai, May 26, 2017
  12. TariqSoftDev
    This message by TariqSoftDev has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 28, 2017, Reason: Bickering.
    May 26, 2017
  13. Byokugen
    This message by Byokugen has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 28, 2017, Reason: Bickering.
    May 26, 2017
  14. DeoNaught

DeoNaught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Over there ;)
    Well actually, if you get a heat gun, to make the plastic to go over the module.

But make sure nothing ison top of the plastic

15. LegendaryOutcast
    This message by LegendaryOutcast has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 28, 2017, Reason: Bickering.
    May 27, 2017
  16. Byokugen
    This message by Byokugen has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 28, 2017, Reason: Bickering.
    May 27, 2017
  17. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    son who would even pay for 3G for a Playstation Vita
    I have the 3G port but I ain't paying money for a slow data service

YugiSenpai and LegendaryOutcast like this.
  18. TariqSoftDev
    This message by TariqSoftDev has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 28, 2017, Reason: Bickering.
    May 28, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.