Help! I need a Wii u on a $400 budget

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by John Brown, Jul 26, 2015.

1. John Brown
    OP

John Brown Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2015
    Canada
    Hi, I need help finding deals for games, accessories and the console.
    I need the following:
    Wii U
    Smash bros 4
    Pro controller u (need 2 but 1 is fine)
    Wii remote
    Nunchuk

I've been searching for hours but the costs are way to high and I had to increase my budget from 300 to 400. I need the remote and nunchuk to use the virtual Wii, I need at least one game and it has to be smash bros 4 and I need a pro controller u to play that game so pretty much everything is nessecary. I live in Canada btw.

2. BlastPhantomXV

BlastPhantomXV Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2015
    United States
    I'll help you out, You live in Canada? Alright. First off, you can buy a Refurbished, 32GB, with Nintendo Land for 200$ From Nintendo.

You could get a Wii remote and nun chuck really cheap since they are old. And a Pro Controller, It depends on if you don't mind buying a 3rd Party one.

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  3. John Brown
    OP

John Brown Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2015
    Canada
    I had bad experiences with 3rd party controllers so I can't. And can you send me a link for cheap wii remotes and nunchuks?

4. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    $265 - Limited Edition Zelda Wii U Deluxe + Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD + Nintendo Land - REFURBISHED - From Nintendo
    $31 - Wii Motion Plus + Nunchuk - From Nintendo
    $50 - Wii U Pro Controller - From Nintendo
    $58.43 - $59.99 - Super Smash Bros U - From Amazon

Total: $404.43 CAD

If you shop around a little, you can get the Wii remote + nunchuck cheaper, especially if you don't need Motion Plus. The system you will be hard pressed to find a better value for, and otherwise the Pro Controller and game are probably going to be hard to find much cheaper than that. If you don't care about LoZ: Wind Waker, you can cut $30 off the price by going with the Nintendoland bundle.

I found this all with a relatively quick search and I hardly made it a point to check every online shop, but if you go with the $235 bundle, that gets you down to $374.43 CAD. Granted, I don't know what shipping costs from Nintendo might be like, but I don't imagine they'd push the total over $400. If you don't mind going used and you can get the remote + nunchuck cheaper, you may be able to even get the two Pro controllers while keeping it under $400.

5. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    I kinda hope this isn't possible. It cost me around $600 USD to get a Wii U, Smash Bros 4, GC Controller + Adapter, Wii U Pro, Wiimote and Virtual Console Pro controller. Don't want to find out I blew an extra $200.

But seriously, good luck. I purchased everything through Amazon, sometimes when they have rare stuff online, it goes for a high price. The Smash Bros 4 bundle with the controller and adapter, cost $200. I think in retail, it sold for only $100.

Going back to Amazon, it keeps history of orders.

Wii U 32GB bundle with Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land -
    $294.52

The SSB4 Bundle -
    $209.95

Wii U Pro - $49

Wii Remote with MotionPlus - $34.50. I have a Nunchuk from a previous purchase.

The first two were bought together, but the next couple days, I bought the latter 2, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, SSB on 3DS, and Pokemon Platinum. But excluding those, the total cos was $587.97, and of course add some shipping, around $600. No used.

6. BlastPhantomXV

BlastPhantomXV Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2015
    United States
    Good Finds.

7. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    What happened to your wiimote and nunchuk from your Wii? What did you play Brawl on? No one just suddenly becomes a Nintendo fan. You also don't need a pro controller to play Smash. When I play Smash, I use the gamepad. It works. Save $50, don't get a pro, there are zero games that need a pro.

8. John Brown
    OP

John Brown Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2015
    Canada
    I found this deal for $500:
    -Wii U console, gamepad, ac adapter, sensor bar, game pad cradle, game pad stand, console stand
    -Wii U pro controller
    -2 Wii Remotes with 1 nunchuk
    -4 gamecube controllers (1 of them is the smash bros gamecube controller, all official)
    -gamecube adapter
    -Mario Kart 8
    -Super Smash Bros 4
    -Brawl
    Skylander with 7 figurines
    - Wii U party
    -Black ops 2
    -Super smash bros soundtrack
    -Super Smash bros bundle

Is it worth it?

9. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Yes, as long as the WiiU is something you want to play. I have one, its totally worth it to me. You have to answer that question for yourself.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  10. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    If you want all of that, sure, it's a good deal. Honestly, it's a little bit suspiciously good, but hey, if someone is legit selling for that price, it's a good buy.

If you want something closer to your original price and desires, I'd refer to my post and consider that.

11. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Make sure the Wiimotes, Nunchuks and WUPC are all official and not some dodgy unbranded ones.