kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I was trying to fix my friends ds using the bios chip switch thing, i tried opening my ds first, the right trigger thing fell off. Two small metal things fell out with it, one looks like a rod and the other looks like a circle with two tails on different ends. Also, the power button got loose, i tried closing the ds but when i tried to turn it on using the power switch thing, it didn't work. Can someone help me?

rrg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I happen to be in the middle of some open DS's right now and will mock one up with a pic for you on how the pins should look like before you close the lid.

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rrg said:
I happen to be in the middle of some open DS's right now and will mock one up with a pic for you on how the pins should look like before you close the lid.
sry to be rude but if you can get the pics up quickly, i wanna get this fixed before i go to work.

rrg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I could make some. But the camera battery is charging right now and can not take any until it charges.

Just place it inside and put a piece of tape on the outside to hold it in place and to keep it from falling out.

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rrg said:
I could make some. But the camera battery is charging right now and can not take any until it charges.

Just place it inside and put a piece of tape on the outside to hold it in place and to keep it from falling out.
lol, that was my plan, i just couldn't get any tape. K, i'll go give it a shot, still, if and when you can get those pics up, i would appreciate it. Take your time tho.

rrg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just connect the two screens, touch the battery on the connector, make sure it's + - points and hit the switch.
Oh, I also had the wifi and mic plugged in.

You do not need to have all the buttons to light up the screens.
I just tested one tonight like this with no case attached.

Lights up good.

When you place the power switch in the inside the little notch must be set all the way toward the jack input then place the take on the outside. If the little switch is forward it will not sit behind the power switch and it could crush it .
The little arrow on the outside should be back and have room to go forward after the case is closed.

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok, but i don't see a switch. Can you show me a pic to let me see where it is located, i probably broke it but i'm not sure, i need to see a pic to verify. Although i could possibly be missing it, and really do hope thats the case, i kinda doubt it. So ya, pics plz.

I just put the switch in, put the ds back together, now when i try to turn on the ds, the switch still moves very loosely and doesn't do anything.

rrg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That black part is the power on switch cover.
The actual switch is the little black stick off the motherboard. See pics.

here

Edit: IMO You put the power switch cover infront of the actual switch. That is why it moves a little with no spring action. You must mate the switch cover and the little switch stick like in the pics.

Night time, later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou