Hacking [HELP] I messed something up in my Mii Plaza when using shameless to get the update and dlc

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to update my long long used mii plaza, using fbi and shameless I got the usa update and dlc from there and something failed in the install but something did install, when I tried to start mii plaza it said my ext data was corrupted and reset, so I tried to copy the exa data from 00000218 from my sd backup from after finishing a9lh hax, back into that folder but it still says corrupted. I even tried to remove the exdata and save data and dlc for mii plaza and put my original data back in and it still fails. I am pretty sure I could re flash my nand back with decrypt9 and keep a9lh from end of step 5 (before I used shameless) and but the files back. But assuming that works I would assume I have reinstall every cia I installed since then (minus the mii plaza stuff) and re jksm the saves back in. Is there an easier way to fix this?

Is it possible that simply re flashing the nand back will work as its the same nand and like id as it is now just that perhaps a system title got messed up?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you don't have any puzzles for which distribution has ended (and you obviously didn't have the premium games) you could just ignore the extdata!

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I don't know if you can import the ExtData back using JK's SaveManager, you may want to give that a try (you can find JKSM here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/)

If that doesn't work, well you can still edit your new save to unlock the puzzles you had before: https://gbatemp.net/threads/streetpass-mii-plaza-puzzle-swap-save-editor.420765/
You'll loose some puzzle pieces of course, and also your progress on StreetPass Quest/Find Mii, but you could maybe give yourself a few extra coins (using JKSM) and buy some puzzle pieces later as well as some cat warriors.

Last edited by Kyojin,

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't know if you can import the ExtData back using JK's SaveManager, you may want to give that a try (you can find JKSM here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/)

If that doesn't work, well you can still edit your new save to unlock the puzzles you had before: https://gbatemp.net/threads/streetpass-mii-plaza-puzzle-swap-save-editor.420765/
You'll loose some puzzle pieces of course, and also your progress on StreetPass Quest/Find Mii, but you could maybe give yourself a few extra coins (using JKSM) and buy some puzzle pieces later as well as some cat warriors.
OMG thats way easier I didn't know there was a save editor, I guess I loose all the street pass data but meh, I don't usually play with mii plaza much anymore and only at conventions in line anyhow

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a new 3DS and managed to botch the system transfer (new system had the latest official release of Luma, so connecting to the eshop at the end of the transfer failed). So I had to move everything manually. The only thing substantial I had was Mii Plaza.

Rebooting the 3DS shows you a new blue Spotpass light the first couple of times. If you restore Mii Plaza using JKSM, it will only show the five original puzzles until you get the blue Spotpass light for a new puzzle. at which point all the puzzles you restored appear (filled in if appropriate) in addition to the new puzzle.

I really did have a new puzzle, so I don't know whether this happens only if there's really a new puzzle, or if it automatically happens after a couple of blue lights. But there's obviously some counter in the 3DS which measures how many puzzles you have, and which is *not* saved and restored with everything else.

Last edited by Jiro2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over