Hacking Help! I may have bricked my NAND

brainiac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Sounds good. I just don't understand this step: " then start BigBlueMenu from the gateway multi-rom menu or just launch it from the home menu if you already have it. Then go to the "9.5.0-23" folder."

Where exactly is this BigBlueMenu application? I have the folder on my micro SD, but I only see the couple of games I have in the multi rom menu.

brainiac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For EU - Gardening Mama has 9.2.0 and it should be enough to run all games.

I'm just getting problem after problem with this so far. I have EU Cooking Mama Bon Apetit, which has the same firmware. I used the DPAD UP when launching technique as previously described in another post. However, when I try to pick cooking mama from the select menu, the screen freezes and doesn't bring up anything else without a hard reset.

Currently just dragging and dropping onto the cart because on the Win32 issue I am having, I assume this is the problem?

brainiac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just getting problem after problem with this so far. I have EU Cooking Mama Bon Apetit, which has the same firmware. I used the DPAD UP when launching technique as previously described in another post. However, when I try to pick cooking mama from the select menu, the screen freezes and doesn't bring up anything else without a hard reset.

Currently just dragging and dropping onto the cart because on the Win32 issue I am having, I assume this is the problem?

Partially fixed this issue, but now I am told that "this game cannot be used" even though I am using an EU game to try and update an EU console.

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Don't use win32diskimager to write games, just copy them as files. Microsd should be formatted to exfat or fat32.
Can you run other games, old ones like Zelda OoT?

brainiac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't use win32diskimager to write games, just copy them as files. Microsd should be formatted to exfat or fat32.
Can you run other games, old ones like Zelda OoT?

Three tests so far:

- Ocarina runs fine in standard EmuNAND boot.
- Super Smash Bros. does not run in standard EmuNAND boot (Still on EmuNAND 4.5 so that's why I assume this is happening)
- Neither Cooking Mama EU or Smash Bros US works in bypass update spoof mode to update EmuNAND with

Choosing Cooking Mama has gone back to freezing the screen again the last couple of tries also since trialling Ocarina.

brainiac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, I used the CIA installer method to get to EmuNAND 9.5, so all of that is good now. I am still getting a major issue sometimes when I select a ROM though. I select Cooking Mama for instance through the select menu, then it seems to attempt to load it for a second, then the screen freezes. Sometimes it doesn't freeze and just doesn't load either, and then every 3rd-4th time or perhaps depending on chosen ROM, it does work. Any ideas?

Also, Smash Bros. still loads into a black screen when I do load it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night