HELP! I lost my Fantasy Life SAVEGAME, all i have is a sd backup

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sirgilmour, Jan 26, 2016.

1. sirgilmour
    OP

sirgilmour GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    I played it on my sky3ds and i made a backup with diskwriter as a .bks file, now i'm on rxtools latest cfw, and i cant make it work. i still have the 00001132 folder from the sd backup i make before doing a nand format, but if i put i in the exdata folder the game see it as a corrupted savegame and erases it all, and savelf see it as a broken savegame... if there was a way to extract the 3 save files from the 00001132 folder it would be great but for now i seem to be done for.
    I tried FLsavetool in homebrew but it does not see any folder. I tried putting the 00001132 folder on the root of sd, in the FLsavetool folder, in the sysnan and emunand exdata folder, but nothing works, any help?

2. mooglazer

mooglazer GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
  3. sirgilmour
    OP

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    I am able to create new savegames and manipulate them anyway i want, its just that one i lost that wont work

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The thing with Fantasy Life is that it's the only game (to my knowledge) that stores its save data entirely in SD card extdata. If you don't have a NAND backup from before your formatted, there is no way to retrieve the save data, because the encryption keys that were stored in that NAND are lost.

5. sirgilmour
    OP

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    well i have access to the exdata folder 00001132 that contains 8 files named 00000001 and so on.
    thats all i got, but the files dont work, the games sees them as corrupted and erases them to make new ones .