Hacking Help! I installed the homebrew launcher, and decrypt9, do I specifically need more to play 3ds roms?

Ghostlander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I booted it, I'm supposed to restore from my Nand that was in the file9 folder, so I'm doing that. Then I inject fbi I guess.

Im wanting to make sure I can install the titlekeys updater .cia and then the freeshop .cia properly as well.

Hopefully I can go about not fucking that up

Altairseven

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
you dont need to restore your backup if you home menu boots normally when starting the 3ds without holding anything

just go to Sysnand Options > inject health and safety and select fbi-injectable.. something.app

after that.. restart the console and you should be good to go on installing freshop, plus you dont need the titlekeys updater cia, that thing is old
you need to search titiles keys in google and find a website with a button that has a qr little icon at the right, open it and you will have a qr that needs to be scanned from within freeshop.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the idea is that you provide to freeshop an adress from where it can download the enctitlekeys.bin automaticly, without another homebrew app, you just open freeshop, and the tittles are always available.

Ghostlander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont need to restore your backup if you home menu boots normally when starting the 3ds without holding anything

just go to Sysnand Options > inject health and safety and select fbi-injectable.. something.app

after that.. restart the console and you should be good to go on installing freshop, plus you dont need the titlekeys updater cia, that thing is old
you need to search titiles keys in google and find a website with a button that has a qr little icon at the right, open it and you will have a qr that needs to be scanned from within freeshop.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the idea is that you provide to freeshop an adress from where it can download the enctitlekeys.bin automaticly, without another homebrew app, you just open freeshop, and the tittles are always available.

Well. I already did it. It told me to. And it also told me to update my console, it said it was safe to do. So.....

Altairseven

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well. I already did it. It told me to. And it also told me to update my console, it said it was safe to do. So.....
yes.. you can update now your console safely, any 3ds firmware update wont be able to remove arm9loaderhax, since luma provide patches that prevent it.

Altairseven

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Okay I opened free shop, how do I scan QR codes from there?

go to settings (the little gear icon), and in one of the tabs, dont remember what whats its name, you have a url input box, with a litle square icon at its left, press the buttom to scan the qr, this tab also has a update cache buttom, once the adress form the qr is in the inputbox, press it, and the freeshop will restart, this time with all the game list.

Ghostlander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks, for now I grabbed the most recent encrypt/decrypt bin lists and it brought up everything. I'm guessing from here it's just choosing, letting it download install, and then play?

Altairseven

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Oh one more thing please. does all that make me region free? cam I download and install usa versions? it's a Japanese console

yea, you can download games from any region, but you will have to install game updates from the freeshop as well, there is an icon that brings a list of the games installed, from there you can download updates.

Ghostlander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea, you can download games from any region, but you will have to install game updates from the freeshop as well, there is an icon that brings a list of the games installed, from there you can download updates.
Fuck. I spent all that time downloading bravely second USA And it said: wrong title key. wtf? I specifically got two different title key collection bins that were apparently up to date and correct. what happened?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Fuck. I spent all that time downloading bravely second USA And it said: wrong title key. wtf? I specifically got two different title key collection bins that were apparently up to date and correct. what happened?
You need enctitlekeys not dectitlekeys. Did you scan the right QR code on the 3ds titlekeys site?

Ghostlander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I keep getting "Wrong title key" errors.
You're probably not using correct encrypted keys (encTitleKeys.bin). Decrypted keys will give this error." from the freeShop thread.

So I need to remove them decrypt bin and it should work? I have both in there..

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I need to remove them decrypt bin and it should work? I have both in there..
FFS. You only need to scan the QR code for the encTitleKeys.bin. You do not need the decTitleKeys.bin. Did you scan the QR code in freeShop's settings, like someone told you to earlier?

Ghostlander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFS. You only need to scan the QR code for the encTitleKeys.bin. You do not need the decTitleKeys.bin. Did you scan the QR code in freeShop's settings, like someone told you to earlier?

.... I scan a qr code. ANY of the enc ones, and it says invalid format

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.... I scan a qr code. ANY of the enc ones, and it says invalid format
You're scanning the wrong thing, apparently. Find where it says "Download encTitleKeys.bin", press the green QR code button next to it. Open freeShop's settings, scan the QR code. Refresh freeShop's cache by hitting the Refresh cache button that's on the same screen as the QR code link. Profit.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Ghostlander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're scanning the wrong thing, apparently. Find where it says "Download encTitleKeys.bin", press the green QR code button next to it. Open freeShop's settings, scan the QR code. Refresh freeShop's cache by hitting the Refresh cache button that's on the same screen as the QR code link. Profit.
Okay. I just did that. but, before hand, I had downloaded both the enc and dec bins and out them in the frees hop titlekey folder.

Do I need to remove those or was it overwritten now that I updated/refreshed with that new qr code link?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou