Hardware Help...I feel like I may have biffed my SD connector for the switch.

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe not though.

While installing a new battery I was installing the SD card connector And notices it got louser and lost connection from time to time. I want to take it out and put a new one in and now neither of them work.

I took a picture of my connector all the pins seem to be in there and the connectors still slots into place and holds but SD cards aren't being detected.

I'm gonna try and get more SD cars readers....I'm hoping I just got a faulty part...see anything unusual about my connector?

Attachments

• 20200928_020509.jpg
    20200928_020509.jpg
    869.5 KB · Views: 202

bootaholic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question. Are you putting the foam piece back on top of the connector AND are you installing the screw for your SD card reader?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ricdee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question. Are you putting the foam piece back on top of the connector AND are you installing the screw for your SD card reader?

Sorry for butting in but what does the foam peice do? I have a switch I'm trying to fix with the SD card reader issue and everything I see online points to terminals that need re soldering?

Last edited by ricdee,

bootaholic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for butting in but what does the foam peice do? I have a switch in trying to fix with the SD card reader issue and everything I see online points to terminals that need re soldering?
Foam piece just applies pressure to the actual connector to prevent vibrations from causing connectivity issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I cant tell what my favorite N64 game is