Hacking help i dont know much about flashcards???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
OP
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
hi guys my mum just bought me a new ds (its blue) and my freind brian told me i should get a flahs card for it and i can download free games!!!!!! i read some threads and it looks like its true but can you tell me is akaio a good flashcard??????? i keep seeing stuff about akaios being dead. does this mean they stop working?????????? what other card should i get? thanxxxxx!!!!!!!!!

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i just got my akaio flash cart a few days ago and it won't work I would suggest staying away from them. That normonatt and smihters guys don't even ever update so it only supports the oldest commercial ROMs. I heard they started working on AKAIO 1.5 and are up to the first beta dubbed T2 (Terminator 2) and then gave up
frown.gif
. Maybe an R4 clone would be better.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
raing3 said:
yeah i just got my akaio flash cart a few days ago and it won't work I would suggest staying away from them. That normonatt and smihters guys don't even ever update so it only supports the oldest commercial ROMs. I heard they started working on AKAIO 1.5 and are up to the first beta dubbed T2 (Terminator 2) and then gave up
frown.gif
. Maybe an R4 clone would be better.
Almost everything in this post is a lie so please stfu.

The Acekard 2/i (not AKAIO) is a very good flashcart when used in conjunction with AKAIO which is constantly being updated.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...uh. The Acekard 2 is a great card. It doesn't seem to have quite so many features as some of the other cards out there, but it's cheap, reliable, and has nearly perfect compatibility.

...don't listen to anyone who says otherwise...chances are that they just got a faulty card. A cheap place to get one would be dealextreme.com, but they ship kinda slow.

(...and wtf, that post seems to be quite inconsistent from your others.)

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh what is with people and talking about things that they don't understand.

I am able to run virtually any rom (except games that use special GBA Hardware or are DSi Enhanced) right now on my Acekard 2i flashcart on my DSLite. AKAIO is NOT a flashcart; Acekard is. AKAIO is an alternate Operating System that does a much better job than the official OS for the Acekard series.

Dealextreme took about a week or so to arrive which is not bad considering the quality of the cart I received so I can't complain.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol. The question (?) has been answered, I think this thread should be closed before it somehow manages to get out of hand.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, and also AKAIO is no longer being made, but there are fakes you can buy from the M3 team!
smile.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
wait a minute?
akaio is no longer being made?
hate2.gif
why when ?
is it because of being purchased by some flash cart company?

ohhhhhhhhhh noooo.. my ak2i
frown.gif
I was joking
tongue.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you make a good point vague, there are too many stuipd poeple who post here. but as we always discuss, with the drop in price of flash linkers came a whole new generation of children. if kits could go back up to the $150 mark again you would quickly see this hobby swing back the other way, like scuber at a an asian bar. i can't really blame the children, i'd rather blame the parents. parents who are buying computers and leaving their kids alone to explore the internet. these children are not being tought the proper methods of research or the simple concept of respect. if some of these children spoke in real life the way they speak to me online, i'd love to have a 13 yr old tell me to shut the fuck up in real life.

back to flash linkers, as they got more "chinese" they got cheaper and not just in price. look at how many complaints you can read on any given day about slot-1 linkers. i still have my 1st gba linker and it's going strong. it was $145 well spent and the reason i didn't have a problem spending $91 on my m3 lite. i knew it would last, as it was from the end cycle of the "generation of gba kit builders."

finally i had to laugh at reading the responses. those that idle with us in #acekard instantly knew this was a joke (vato...), and everyone else took it seriously. just goes to show you that people judge much to quickly and no matter what they have to get their response in. post count being as important as it is while we all attempt to win the gbatemp popularity contest.

-another world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night