albertlgh

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm using linksys BEFW11S4 Linksys rounter. But I counldn't connect my Wii to it. connection fail and give error 52232 or 52231.
What can I do to solve the problem? Anyone can help on this?
Thanks.
bow.gif

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I see that is a wireless B router. I think the Wii can only run on Wireless G, but I may be wrong.

First. Do any other devices currently work with the router? (ie: Computer, PSP?)

Second. How far away is the Wii from the router? You probably dont want to go more than 150 feet with that particular router. Also, how many walls are between your Wii and the router?

Third. Have you been into the set up configuration in the Wii menu to establish a wireless connection. You may have to manually select the SSID, WEP, IP, etc.

Is all of this working correctly?

albertlgh

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I see that is a wireless B router. I think the Wii can only run on Wireless G, but I may be wrong.

First. Do any other devices currently work with the router? (ie: Computer, PSP?)

Second. How far away is the Wii from the router? You probably dont want to go more than 150 feet with that particular router. Also, how many walls are between your Wii and the router?

Third. Have you been into the set up configuration in the Wii menu to establish a wireless connection. You may have to manually select the SSID, WEP, IP, etc.

Is all of this working correctly?

All my PC, laptop and PSP work with the router without any problem.
I'm able to serach the rounter with a good signal using my wii. I think i put it just 30feet away from my wii and 1 wall between it.
I also tried to setup wireless setting manually, but it do not work.

Any other possible cause?
Thanks.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It says on the the Nintendo website that B routers will work.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...outerChoose.jsp

What kind of encryption do you have? WEP/ WPA/ WPA2. The Wii supports all types, but there are different variations. (Note the link above).

I would set the router to basic Wep encryption, or NO encryption at all just for testing purposes. Then try to connect using the Wii's automatic connection service.

You will want to restart the router once you changed the encryption.

If your Wii is recognzing the router, then the main problem should be the encryption, or recieving an IP address. Does your router have DHCP enabled?

albertlgh

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Finally I solve my problem already.
I just need to put in my internet provider proxy server and port no.
Now it works correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.