Hacking Help I brink my wii!

Phibo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I was install ISO60 and then my wii went brink. I have System 4.0. I never made a NAND for it, which i know is a bad idea. But please guide me into the proper way to restore this wii. Will i be able to make a NAND off of a wii that is mod but in a working state and use it on the wii that is brink?

thanks guys for the help

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have Preloader or BootMii boot2 installed, then congratulations, you're relatively safe. Either one should allow you to boot to the Homebrew Channel to run AnyRegionChanger or similar. Preloader and IOS60 are known to be a little troublesome, but if that's the cause reinstalling Preloader should fix the issue.

If you do not have Preloader or BootMii boot2, then this problem will be much more difficult to solve.

Phibo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the quick replay. I do have preloader install and bootmii. I just dont know where to start on restoring this wii. I read most of the guide but I didnt the the #1 thing; that is made a NAND backup. So i dont know where to start. Can you please let me know thats the next step? Im on the home brew channel right now

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Phibo said:
thanks for the quick replay. I do have preloader install and bootmii. I just dont know where to start on restoring this wii. I read most of the guide but I didnt the the #1 thing; that is made a NAND backup. So i dont know where to start. Can you please let me know thats the next step? Im on the home brew channel right now

If you installed an IOS60 without the patch that preloader applies to it while having preloader on system menu 4.0 or 4.1 then that is why your system menu is corrupt. If this is the case you would need to hold reset while booting the system menu to get into the preloader menu and then load the HBC (or if you have bootmii installed to boot2 you can just go to the HBC from there) and then reinstall preloader 0.29 again. This will make preloader apply the patch to the new IOS60 you installed so it can work properly again.

Sic-suicide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell

you have some very broken english bro

1.is bootmii an ios or boot 2 install?

2.if so have you tried using waninkoko's 4.1 updater?

3.ignore 2 if you dont have bootmii as boot 2

Phibo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Phibo said:

If you installed an IOS60 without the patch that preloader applies to it while having preloader on system menu 4.0 or 4.1 then that is why your system menu is corrupt. If this is the case you would need to hold reset while booting the system menu to get into the preloader menu and then load the HBC (or if you have bootmii installed to boot2 you can just go to the HBC from there) and then reinstall preloader 0.29 again. This will make preloader apply the patch to the new IOS60 you installed so it can work properly again.

Thanks alot!!! that is exactly the problem and I got it fix by reinstalling preloader 0.29. Now I can get good night sleep.

Thanks again,

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you brink it?
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat