Help! - I bricked my Acekard 2i .. i now how have white screen

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by tedster912, Jun 14, 2011.

1. tedster912
    OP

Member tedster912 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    while updating my acekard 2i so i can use it on my 3DS. i updated it fully, then it said press start to reupdate or power off to exit....so i didnt realize it but i pressed start as a "reflex" and then i powered off, then i realized what i did.

anyways i now have a blank white icon on the main menu of the gamecard on the DS. Also i have the two white screens when i load the acekard. supposably you can use another flashcard to reupdate it with the right firmware. but i have an R4 card but i cant use it since i only have an 8gb microsd card. what do i do? any alternatives?

2. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Get another microSD, run the update on the R4, take it out, put the acekard in, press start and after the update finishes power down your DS.

3. tedster912
    OP

United States

aww thats what i thought -_- i dont have another microSD though....and i dont have money [​IMG] is there any other alternatives?

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Nope. Get another functioning flash cart, and apply the update on a DS or DS Lite (the 3/DSi/XL don't let you cart swap).

5. tedster912
    OP

United States

man [​IMG] well luckly i have a spare DS Phat.... man im gonna have to ask around for one [​IMG]

6. molh394

Member molh394 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Or just ask around for a non-SDHC microSD, that's got to be easier to borrow.

7. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

You can also check other devices like mobile phones. They have 'em too.

8. ozzymud

Member ozzymud GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Your milage may vary, but my fake R4 (R4 III) non sdhc model will "see" the 8gb card, and it will access it, but only until it gets filled to 4GB+ then bad things happen (major corruption). Upto 4GB it works, so should be good enough to load only the update with.

Wouldn't be no hassle to try formatting it, putting only the update nds on it and seeing if it runs in the R4

Also, you can partition it in Linux (download a live cd) with a single 1 to 4GB partition on it, if the above fails, that might work.

Neither procedure will harm your 8GB permanantly (reformatting would fix anything), so nothiung to lose until you can afford a smaller SD for the R4