Help! I am stuck on the bios screen.

FamousBug_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I ran into an error a few days ago and now my laptop is stuck on the bios screen (even when i exit) and makes a loud beeping noise.
What do I do?
All advice is needed and appreciated.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is your laptop model number? Look on bottom of laptop for any stickers or writing. Don't mistake model number for serial number, I just want to know the model.

FamousBug_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is your laptop model number? Look on bottom of laptop for any stickers or writing. Don't mistake model number for serial number, I just want to know the model.
first, its asus not acer (my bad)
Mb is k55a-sx393h. if that isnt it just shout

FamousBug_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So this is your laptop?

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/K55A/

I googled your problem a bit and a user with another ASUS laptop said: "Enter Bios when the laptop powers on using F2. In one of the tabs within the Bios, search for "Secure Boot" and disable it."

Worth a shot.
It isnt my laptop, i have an intel celeron 1.7ghz dual core. Also the secure boot doesn't work

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A single short beep simply means the motherboard is reporting it's OK so the hard drive is the one causing the stupidness. Let's try remounting the hard drive.

I'm making huge assumptions on how your laptop may function here. I own an ASUS laptop, but they're all different. What I am explaining is a general set of directions based upon my past experience working with lappies.

You may need a small philips screwdriver (looks like a +). Eyeglass repair kits are good for electronics.

Power off the laptop. Lay the laptop flat so the bottom is facing up. Remove the laptop battery. Disconnect power cable if applicable.

With the screwdriver, open the long rectangular slot cover on the laptop to reveal the hard drive. Laptop hard drives are typically encased in little plastic covering, screws, or held in with wee hooks. Gentily lift the hard drive, disconnect it from the laptop, and reconnect it. (While you're here, take a look at the hard drive and write down it's brand, capacity, and model number just in case.)

Close the lid of the hard drive seat and reinsert the laptop battery.

Power on the laptop.

See if it boots into operating system. If it still returns to splash screen and Bios, enter Bios.

Go to the tab which has boot options. Set the boot drive as "C". Leave Bios and make sure to save your changes.

See if the laptop boots into the operating system now. !! LISTEN TO THE HARD DRIVE AS THE COMPUTER STARTS. !! Healthy hard drives, even the little ones, should power on and make a smooth whirr. A few tiny clacks demonstrate that they are reading data.

Let me know how it goes.

Last edited by Pluupy,

FamousBug_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A single short beep simply means the motherboard is reporting it's OK so the hard drive is the one causing the stupidness. Let's try remounting the hard drive.

I'm making huge assumptions on how your laptop may function here. I own an ASUS laptop, but they're all different. What I am explaining is a general set of directions based upon my past experience working with lappies.

You may need a small philips screwdriver (looks like a +). Eyeglass repair kits are good for electronics.

Power off the laptop. Lay the laptop flat so the bottom is facing up. Remove the laptop battery. Disconnect power cable if applicable.

With the screwdriver, open the long rectangular slot cover on the laptop to reveal the hard drive. Laptop hard drives are typically encased in little plastic covering, screws, or held in with wee hooks. Gentily lift the hard drive, disconnect it from the laptop, and reconnect it. (While you're here, take a look at the hard drive and write down it's brand, capacity, and model number just in case.)

Close the lid of the hard drive seat and reinsert the laptop battery.

Power on the laptop.

See if it boots into operating system. If it still returns to splash screen and Bios, enter Bios.

Go to the tab which has boot options. Set the boot drive as "C". Leave Bios and make sure to save your changes.

See if the laptop boots into the operating system now. !! LISTEN TO THE HARD DRIVE AS THE COMPUTER STARTS. !! Healthy hard drives, even the little ones, should power on and make a smooth whirr. A few tiny clacks demonstrate that they are reading data.

Let me know how it goes.
Unfortunately I dont have a screwdriver on me but my uncle may have one so I have asked him if he does, do you have discord or something so I can dm you quickly?
(i will be getting it tomorrow)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1