Hacking Help I accidently pressed “unlink memory card” on Henkaku settings on my Vita Slim, sd2vita only.

Shadowmoon25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I be worried? I was on the settings and I just pressed it because I thought there were going to be more options but when I pressed it the message that comes up came up about uxo, (I can’t remember). I turned off my vita and turned it on and all it said was “updating database” what does even mean? Was my data deleted? It’s on a Vita Slim and Im only using a sd2vita and no memory card so does that mean my uxo is messed up? I’m worried about memory lost.

toastytwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just restart your Vita, if your bubbles are gone: start vitashell, press triangle and select "refresh LiveArea" and you should be good to go! ;)

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Should I be worried? I was on the settings and I just pressed it because I thought there were going to be more options but when I pressed it the message that comes up came up about uxo, (I can’t remember). I turned off my vita and turned it on and all it said was “updating database” what does even mean? Was my data deleted? It’s on a Vita Slim and Im only using a sd2vita and no memory card so does that mean my uxo is messed up? I’m worried about memory lost.
No data should have been deleted. All that does is remove your account from the card. Once the database is rebuilt, it should be fine.
As long as your games and everything start up after the rebuild, you're good to go.

SCOTT0852

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlink Memory Card just removes a file called id.dat from the card, all id.dat does is prevent the card from being used with a different PSN account.

Shadowmoon25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlink Memory Card just removes a file called id.dat from the card, all id.dat does is prevent the card from being used with a different PSN account.

But what about in my case? It’s a Slim vita and I’m using an sd2vita and no memory card is inserted. When I turned it back on after shutting it off after pressing unlink memory card, it said “updating database”

Shadowmoon25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah it does that sometimes, as long as nothing disappeared it's fine

Oh thanks, I was worried. But yeah everything was there, when I click on an app the first time again it just says loading for like a sec but that’s all, it’s like everything was reseted but yeah everything was there and no saves or nothing was lost.

Reactions: SCOTT0852

reddragon105

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh thanks, I was worried. But yeah everything was there, when I click on an app the first time again it just says loading for like a sec but that’s all, it’s like everything was reseted but yeah everything was there and no saves or nothing was lost.
As stated above, all 'Unlink memory card' does is delete the id.dat file from the root of your memory card (which will be your micro SD card in the SD2Vita if you have that mounted as ux0:). This is a simple text file that contains information such as your Vita's DeviceID, system software version and your PSN username, so while that file is there you won't be able to use the memory card in any other Vita because its DeviceID won't match the one in id.dat, which will make it tell you to format the memory card before you can use it. Deleting the file (either from Henkaku settings or manually with VitaShell) means you can use the card in any other Vita. The file is generated on boot, so if you did use it in another Vita you would have to delete the new file before you could use the card in your own Vita again.

So basically you haven't lost anything or messed anything up - literally all you've done is delete id.dat, which will come back if you restart your Vita.

Linkash101

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
So my Id.dat reappears but no game is playable neither do the the hbrew boot, the only thing that works is vitashell, everything else asks for an vita card.

Linkash101

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
So my Id.dat reappears but no game is playable neither do the the hbrew boot, the only thing that works is vitashell, everything else asks for an vita card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Please somebody help me with the previous post thanks

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Just restart your Vita, if your bubbles are gone: start vitashell, press triangle and select "refresh LiveArea" and you should be good to go! ;)

Did you try this?

R3DRE111AVER

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i to did that unlink memory card thing did the rebuild data base and this but 3 of my games have not come back
how can get them back as ive not uninstalled them they must still be on the memory card there just not showing up

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i to did that unlink memory card thing did the rebuild data base and this but 3 of my games have not come back
how can get them back as ive not uninstalled them they must still be on the memory card there just not showing up
Unlinking the card just deletes the id.dat which is what links the card to the system. As for missing games, check if they have a work.bin in ux0/app/title id/sce_sys/package. Games will not appear without that file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy +2