Help I accidently pressed “unlink memory card” on Henkaku settings on my Vita Slim, sd2vita only.

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Shadowmoon25, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Shadowmoon25
    OP

Shadowmoon25 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2018
    United States
    Should I be worried? I was on the settings and I just pressed it because I thought there were going to be more options but when I pressed it the message that comes up came up about uxo, (I can’t remember). I turned off my vita and turned it on and all it said was “updating database” what does even mean? Was my data deleted? It’s on a Vita Slim and Im only using a sd2vita and no memory card so does that mean my uxo is messed up? I’m worried about memory lost.

2. toastytwo

toastytwo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Just restart your Vita, if your bubbles are gone: start vitashell, press triangle and select "refresh LiveArea" and you should be good to go! ;)

3. eighthdayregret

eighthdayregret fnerrrrrrrrrr!

Sep 27, 2017
    United States
    No data should have been deleted. All that does is remove your account from the card. Once the database is rebuilt, it should be fine.
    As long as your games and everything start up after the rebuild, you're good to go.

4. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    Unlink Memory Card just removes a file called id.dat from the card, all id.dat does is prevent the card from being used with a different PSN account.

5. Shadowmoon25
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2018
    United States
    But what about in my case? It’s a Slim vita and I’m using an sd2vita and no memory card is inserted. When I turned it back on after shutting it off after pressing unlink memory card, it said “updating database”

6. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    yeah it does that sometimes, as long as nothing disappeared it's fine

7. Shadowmoon25
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2018
    United States
    Oh thanks, I was worried. But yeah everything was there, when I click on an app the first time again it just says loading for like a sec but that’s all, it’s like everything was reseted but yeah everything was there and no saves or nothing was lost.

SCOTT0852 likes this.
  8. reddragon105

reddragon105 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2008
    As stated above, all 'Unlink memory card' does is delete the id.dat file from the root of your memory card (which will be your micro SD card in the SD2Vita if you have that mounted as ux0:). This is a simple text file that contains information such as your Vita's DeviceID, system software version and your PSN username, so while that file is there you won't be able to use the memory card in any other Vita because its DeviceID won't match the one in id.dat, which will make it tell you to format the memory card before you can use it. Deleting the file (either from Henkaku settings or manually with VitaShell) means you can use the card in any other Vita. The file is generated on boot, so if you did use it in another Vita you would have to delete the new file before you could use the card in your own Vita again.

So basically you haven't lost anything or messed anything up - literally all you've done is delete id.dat, which will come back if you restart your Vita.

SCOTT0852 likes this.