Hacking Help! I Accidentaly turned my wii into a devkit

lolman9999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originally tried to post this on reddit.com/r/wiihacks and the post was automatically deleted.
So I was browsing the mariocube repo for wfc supported channel wads, as I just installed riiconnect24, and I came across a wad called "NDEV Menu v1.22A" in the development section, and thought I would try it out. Installation went fine, but my wad manager (Wii mod lite) crashed when I tried to exit, so I had to hard reboot. (Nothing new here). When I tried to turn on my wii again, I was greeted with this.

Loading... -

Wrong disk

Please insert correct disk

Please Reset with pressing Z or HOME to launch "DEVKIT SYSTEM MENU"

- DEVKIT BOOT PROGRAM v1.22 (PRODUCTION MODE: NTSC)

When I follow the instructions at the bottom, I find a settings menu with a bunch of interesting things, but nothing to remove what I did or boot stock system menu. Do I need to load my backup? Is there a way of fixing this without having to reset to my pre-hacked setup? I can post videos of this if needed. I also have another hacked wii I can use to fix it. I am running a NTSC-U Wii, a 128gb SDXC (I know that isnt good, but it worked fine so far), a 256 gb USB for games, and my optical disc laser is failing, but still is ok for now. I would include my log, but I cannot access my system menu anymore.

lolman9999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not able to boot priiloader, causes same result as booting normally.
UPDATE - When I insert my Mario Kart Wii disc, it attempts to update to System Menu 257, and fails.

Last edited by lolman9999,

lolman9999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I do. How would I check? I used letterbomb and wii.guide if it helps.
Edit - Found some bootmii boot files for the sd card, and I cannot get it to load, so I might not have bootmii installed. My guess is that I need to load a NAND backup now, but I will keep checking this post for a while. I will just use my other wii for now. Thanks for the help so far.

Last edited by lolman9999,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning