Hacking Question [Help] I accidentally updated my SXOS Switch lite to FW11

xHR

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Hi to all. I have updated to 11th, but before that I made a 10.2 backup. After updating I have restored backup and tried to boot into sysnand - blackscreen and console turned off, Emunand - the same. So I decided to try to boot with Genuine boot. It does not helped me either. I deattach the ribbons from modchip and tried to boot without modchip - blackscreen. Looks like I have burn my fuses after update. What did i miss?
I am realize that for now I am stuck on 10.2.0 with burned fuses and cannot nothing to do with this

NotACat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi to all. I have updated to 11th, but before that I made a 10.2 backup. After updating I have restored backup and tried to boot into sysnand - blackscreen and console turned off, Emunand - the same. So I decided to try to boot with Genuine boot. It does not helped me either. I deattach the ribbons from modchip and tried to boot without modchip - blackscreen. Looks like I have burn my fuses after update. What did i miss?
I am realize that for now I am stuck on 10.2.0 with burned fuses and cannot nothing to do with this
wow your case is much worse than me, you should backup that FW11 before restoring FW10.2 too. At least now I can still use my sysnand with genuine boot

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Boot original FW doesnt burns the fuses (with recent SX OS versions, very old ones burned the fuses)..... but the recently introduced: "boot genuine" burns the fuses as far as Im informed.

Anyway, according to TX forums
  • emuNAND No Longer Works
  • Boot Original FW No Longer Works
But some users said that they were able to update the OFW and that CFW still works for them.... hmmm, like this one from this thread:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-releases-11-0-0.578070/

Whos to believe? Or he meant only V1 consoles.....

NotACat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Boot original FW doesnt burns the fuses (with recent SX OS versions, very old ones burned the fuses)..... but the recently introduced: "boot genuine" burns the fuses as far as Im informed.

Anyway, according to TX forums
  • emuNAND No Longer Works
  • Boot Original FW No Longer Works
But some users said that they were able to update the OFW and that CFW still works for them.... hmmm, like this one from this thread:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-releases-11-0-0.578070/

Whos to believe? Or he meant only V1 consoles.....
They're using Switch v1, it's different from modded chip SW

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There are reports that emunand introduced for modchip owners is flawed and doesn't fully separate OS from sysmmc. It may be that boot0/boot1 is not backed to emummc and tries to run emunand with boot0/boot1 from sysnand - which will result in error ofc.

Last edited by masagrator,

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Huh? We are talking here about sx os, not Atmosphere...
Wow I can't imagine having to wait for SXOS to update to support the new version. But to do this, Atmosphere must first be updated so that they do the best they know how to do. In conclusion, it is better to hope that Atmosphere is compatible with Mariko.

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that fuse burn make me unable to boot my emunand too? (which is on FW 10.2)

No, your inability to boot has nothing to do with your fuses. If you can't boot, it's most likely because SXOS has not been updated to support the latest FW yet. SXOS may be updated today, tomorrow, or never. It's anybody's guess at this point.

Last edited by CanIHazWarez,

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are reports that emunand introduced for modchip owners is flawed and doesn't fully separate OS from sysmmc. It may be that boot0/boot1 is not backed to emummc and tries to run emunand with boot0/boot1 from sysnand (if it's there) - which will result in error ofc.
This is precisely why they released the 'Genuine Boot' option, no? (It seems booting from OFW via sxos bootloader leaves modified boot0/boot1 traces on sysnand).

I'm not sure the relevance in the fact that 'genuine boot' burns fuses, since when you are running emuNAND (or OFW via bootloader) the fuse check is bypassed.

What TX hasn't made clear is what the 'cleanup' option is for, and if it should be run each time, prior to using 'Genuine boot'.

NotACat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
There are reports that emunand introduced for modchip owners is flawed and doesn't fully separate OS from sysmmc. It may be that boot0/boot1 is not backed to emummc and tries to run emunand with boot0/boot1 from sysnand (if it's there) - which will result in error ofc.
wow that's sht, I wish I didn't sell my sw v1...
No, your inability to boot has nothing to do with your fuses. If you can't boot, it's most likely because SXOS has not been updated to support the latest FW yet. SXOS may be updated today, tomorrow, or never. It's anybody's guess at this point.
SXOS user on switch v1 can still access emunand - it should be completely seperated from sysnand so I can freely update my sysnand. This, as masagrator said, seem to be a modchip switch emunand fault

Reactions: crowmanpr

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I can't imagine having to wait for SXOS to update to support the new version. But to do this, Atmosphere must first be updated so that they do the best they know how to do. In conclusion, it is better to hope that Atmosphere is compatible with Mariko.
That still has nothing do with this thread or OP's problem...

advapi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
On same situation.... have updated to 11.01 (my son did) and now SXOS 3.1.0 won't boot....OFW works... how do I know if the efuse has been "fuse"? I've a nand backup but don't remember if 9.x or 10.x ...

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
On same situation.... have updated to 11.01 (my son did) and now SXOS 3.1.0 won't boot....OFW works... how do I know if the efuse has been "fuse"? I've a nand backup but don't remember if 9.x or 10.x ...
If you used "Genuine boot"..... you are screwed. If you always used "boot original fw" and never boot to OFW wihout the "SX OS boot manager" you are fine.

Speaking of "son".... assume you booted normaly so your fuses are burnt.

advapi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It was under payload.bin when updated

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What u mean with genuine boot? The switch Washington started injecting payload

NotACat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
burned fuses is no problem unless you want to downgrade your sysnand for some reason, if you're using sysnand to play legit games, it doesn't matter

It was under payload.bin when updated

What u mean with genuine boot? The switch Washington started injecting payload
seem your switch is a switch v1, update will break both emunand and "boot OFW" option in modchip switches and must use genuine boot

advapi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've tried today atmosphere 0.16.1 and it works... have got anything to run (just XCI) but at least it starts...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?