Hacking Help, how to update Mario Kart 8 to be used in Loadiine GX2?

Ankry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Well I am using Mii Maker, but it work fine without the update and the compatibility list says it could be with any of them, why, is that matter?

No, the compatibility list clearly says "Mii: Confirmed working with v0. Newer updates (v16 v32 and v64) don't work."

BoxNinPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did. That release you mentioned is eu. Not USA. Try using DDD and dump your disc. Then update with new nusgrabber and get the USA update. With that release you have to use eu update.
I bought my Mario Kart 8 in the eShop with all the DLC, but I did it in my other Wii U 5.5.1, can I use that DDD app in muy other Wii U 5.5.1?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my Mario Kart 8 in the eShop with all the DLC, but I did it in my other Wii U 5.5.1, can I use that DDD app in muy other Wii U 5.5.1?
Not without a kernel exploit.

You could do a system transfer tho. Then use DDD on your exploitable wiiu u to dump it. You'll still need the smash disc to play on gx2 if you have it updated to 4.1.

Last edited by Kafluke,

BoxNinPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not without a kernel exploit.

You could do a system transfer tho. Then use DDD on your exploitable wiiu u to dump it. You'll still need the smash disc to play on gx2 if you have it updated to 4.1.
Ok, I have the SSB disc too, so my only question is how do I transfer my MK8 I bought in the eShop from my wii u 5.5.1 to my other wii u 5.3.2, and if I also can transfer the DLC I bought too for that game?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have the SSB disc too, so my only question is how do I transfer my MK8 I bought in the eShop from my wii u 5.5.1 to my other wii u 5.3.2, and if I also can transfer the DLC I bought too for that game?
Yes. Do a system transfer. It's in the wii u menu

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently dumping my mk8 disc with ddd. I also have smash disc so update should be fine. Question, is there anything i can do to use the mk dlc that I've purchased on the same machine with my updated game dump through loadiiine gx2?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently dumping my mk8 disc with ddd. I also have smash disc so update should be fine. Question, is there anything i can do to use the mk dlc that I've purchased on the same machine with my updated game dump through loadiiine gx2?
Not possible yet. I think @dimok is working on it.

Reactions: Lush

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice. DDD dumped all my dlc and saves. I also downloaded the v64 update and will keep everything separate. I should have all the right files to work with to get dlc running in the future if it becomes available....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm. DDD seems to be hung up on "Open file: e:/mk8/vol/code/mw_shamo.rpl". I know there is something unique about the rpl files and needing to play the game to dump them. But the game is still on the first loading screen for DDD to run and I cannot proceed. How do i dump this .rpl file?

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Wii U was frozen on the rpl file, so i was unable to press home to dump meta folder and needed to reboot. It appears the merge of update and dump should be 100% though. The code and content folders ddd did dump are 4.3gb, so it appears it only missed the rpl files and meta folder?

When i launch mario kart in mii maker it black screens as predicted. In smash bros mode it takes me to mii maker when i launch mk8?? I noticed this before in loadiine gx2 that whenever i've tried smash bros mode, it launched me into mii maker. Smash bros disc is inserted. Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. DDD dumped all my dlc and saves. I also downloaded the v64 update and will keep everything separate. I should have all the right files to work with to get dlc running in the future if it becomes available....

Hmm. DDD seems to be hung up on "Open file: e:/mk8/vol/code/mw_shamo.rpl". I know there is something unique about the rpl files and needing to play the game to dump them. But the game is still on the first loading screen for DDD to run and I cannot proceed. How do i dump this .rpl file?
I haven't had issues with smash mode so I can't say. If you need a replacement rpl file tho you could try dumpiine

Last edited by Kafluke,

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very strange. Whenever I try to load in smash mode, I always get booted into mii maker. I just updated my loadine to newest nightly of 0.3 since I was using an early build of 0.2, and no difference.

To answer the question above, I have all the games my 5 year old son likes to play already purchased on disc. The wear and tear he has put on those games, including a snapped mario bros wii u disc, is horrifying for a collector of nintendo products from the nes days.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very strange. Whenever I try to load in smash mode, I always get booted into mii maker. I just updated my loadine to newest nightly of 0.3 since I was using an early build of 0.2, and no difference.

To answer the question above, I have all the games my 5 year old son likes to play already purchased on disc. The wear and tear he has put on those games, including a snapped mario bros wii u disc, is horrifying for a collector of nintendo products from the nes days.

Well that's true, especially with kids. That's why you should buy digital. I bought Mario kart at midnight on release night. I did not want to deal with swapping discs or anything.

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well that's true, especially with kids. That's why you should buy digital. I bought Mario kart at midnight on release night. I did not want to deal with swapping discs or anything.

I've been buying and collecting Nintendo products for 30 years now. Buying digital leaves me with nothing to collect at the end of the day...

BoxNinPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well in my case it happen the same, I use loadiine v0.2 and when I use in SSB mode it boot me into Mii maker, but what I did was just go to the main menu of the Wii U and press the icon of SSB (the original disc or digital should work) and then wait a couples of second (you will see the SSB Screen) after that the game I select in loadiine will star normal in my case was MK8.

Last edited by BoxNinPlay,
Reactions: Lush

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.