ROM Hack [Help] How to put my edited GARC in an update?

Robotxm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello. Recently I made my own hack of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. And now I want to play it online, so I need to put my edited GARC in the 1.4 update. Are there any ways to do this? Thanks.

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the update has a romfs and uses it, it might just be a matter of rebuilding the update's romfs with the new garc and making sure the exefs in the update is pointing using the path to the update's romfs instead of the normal game's romfs.

I haven't looked at the updates for AS, but for majora's mask, the updates romfs is mounted as patch:/
I've never actually tried this though, so it may be more work than that.

If the update doesn't have/use a rings, then it's not going to be easy because a lot of r/e is going to have to be done to figure it out.

Robotxm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
If the update has a romfs and uses it, it might just be a matter of rebuilding the update's romfs with the new garc and making sure the exefs in the update is pointing using the path to the update's romfs instead of the normal game's romfs.

I haven't looked at the updates for AS, but for majora's mask, the updates romfs is mounted as patch:/
I've never actually tried this though, so it may be more work than that.

If the update doesn't have/use a rings, then it's not going to be easy because a lot of r/e is going to have to be done to figure it out.
Thanks for replying. Then how can I have a look at the update? Are there any ways or tools?.

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You get the update from the shop, or from that one site, install it, then decrypt it like you would any other .cia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp