Hacking Help, How do i Install Acekard 2i on 3DS

bob5587

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I just got my first Acekard 2i and I've finished adding all the required files to my SD card so I'm ready to go when my 3DS(2nd Hand) is arrives tomorrow.

The problem is I have no idea what to do once I get my 3DS. All the tutorials I've read and watched basically ends after they add all the files into the SD card and some go onto saying we need another DS (Lite or Dsi) in little detail.

So correct me if I'm wrong.
1.Insert Ace 2i into 3DS and Run it
2.Navigate to where the Firmware update is
3.Run it and update your firmware
Fin?

Lastly, I have no idea what version the 3DS i'm receiving is yet so could anyone the different scenarios that would take place if i got a 3DS v3 or 3DS v4.
I'm asking because in the "Firmware Update of AK2i for console 3DS4.0 and DSi1.4.4" Readme It says...
Attention! Please NEVER UPDATE your console before you update your AK2i! Or you could CAN NOT run your AK2i!

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If the webshop where you ordered you're acekard didn't update it, then you need a DS(L) to update you're card, otherwise it won't start on your 3ds

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
If the Acekard doesn't have the firmware update already installed (the place you bought it from handles this) then it probably won't work on your 3DS. If this is the case, you need to use an older DS to update the Acekard and it will then work on the 3DS.

bob5587

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got my 3DS and I just ran a game without doing anything, so I'm guessing my card has already been updated.

Thanks guys

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your acekard 2i doesn't have this icon
di-IWY7.jpg
I suggest that you update your acekard2i and here is a guide http://3dsaccessary.wordpress.com/2012/04/18/how-to-update-ak2i-to-support-dsi-v1-44/

Reactions: 1 person

bob5587

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ummm when I press the update it goes straight to the second picture and when I press start nothing happens.

If it matters my 3DS is current V.3

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can't swap cards on a 3ds so use the other file top update and also use moonshell or acekard's fw to update as there is problems running the update on akaio

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs