Gaming [Help] How can i block or Turn off the NDS Upper Screen

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
is there any Application,Software for DS that can Block or Turn off the Upper Screen??? my DS Lite Upper Screen is broken it has white lines in it and i dont have enough money to get it repair.... i want to turn it off or block it with black image or something because whenever i play that DS Lite i get a headache because of the white lines.... i dont want to block it with a Paper or Something it will look horrible so please dont recommend that..... if someone knows something please post a reply.... Thank you :yaynds:

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
please... even if i cover it with black paper there are still light coming out.... please ''READ BEFORE POSTING''

i dont want to block it with a Paper or Something it will look horrible so please dont recommend that

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Developers don't usually create homebrew thrat impares the use of a piece of technology. If its really an issue you have 2 options, make the homebrew yourself or DIY it, my suggestion is use black electrical tape to mask the top screen or you could unplug the top screen from the main board but that might throw you alot of errors

Reactions: 1 person

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i cant just electrical tape it because it will ruin the screen protector... must find a way to create a kind of homebrew or can someone help me...

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Install flashme and make sure to use a non-insulated tool to short the circuit. It will definitely black the top screen. That is the only real good idea I have, because having a homebrew loaded that would black out your top screen would mean you have nothing else but that homebrew running. Apparently, ANY solution that we could possibly tell you would involve covering the screen with something because there is NO alternative. Disconnecting the top screen will result in a non-functional unit, but if you want that, go for it. It's either you listen to our suggestions and put something over the top screen or just deal with it.
Also, what sort of strange conflicts are you having in your head :/...You have a top screen that is giving you issues and thus you don't want to see it, but you are not willing to cover it with electrical tape because it will ruin the screen protector for the screen you aren't intending to use anyways and/or possibly already bear with the problem otherwise in order to utilize the top screen in the first place.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think the software is going to happen whatever way you look at it, disabling a screen is something that only works if the software itself specifies it within itself.
It's not like the DS runs any software alongside the main ROM. The only software I know of that can disable a screen is playing a GBA game, Moonshell, some emulators, or officially, the DS Vision and it's video player software.

Again, you would be much better off cutting out a square of black paper and covering the top screen. If you get a good thick piece of paper it will block the light totally.
Black-Card.jpg

If you're at a school or college the arts department should probably have some to spare.

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wow nice black paper i would like to buy one of it...ok thanks for your suggestions i think the only thing is to cover it while it isnt repair yet...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.