Hacking HELP - How apply the PPF file on my original Wii game??

T-Rex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
People... i want your help, please!!

I have a PPF file of the translation partial of japanese Monster Hunter G.
I have the original imported game and want play MHG japanese with translation partial using the PPF file, but i don't know how apply the PPF on my original game.

Should I use the GeckoOS or Riivolution to run it? Or what?
What do i do? PLZ...

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does the PPF do? Does it actually replace the game files? I remember there was a PPF to change the language of the standalone japanese release of Metroid Prime 1 NPC, but what the PPF did was basically change values in the game image to make it display in English instead of replacing any files. If that's what the PPF you have does, then I don't see it working with Riivolution. You'd have to rip the game, patch it, then play from a DVD or USB loader.

But if it comes with a set of modified game files then I'd imagine you could set up Riivolution to work with them. You'll get more info about how to do that on its website.

PS: No need to bold your whole post.

T-Rex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't want rip from the original game, dude. Soon then, no USB Loader or similar... i hate piracy, man!!!
I only want ru the original imported game with translation partial (or full) from PPF file.

Riivolution works with PPF or no??

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not piracy if you're ripping your original disc. lol

But anyway, I'm pretty sure Riivolution doesn't work with a ppf file. Are there other files that came with the translation? Tem que responder às perguntas, meu. =P

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You can't. It is a patch file that cannot be applied in real time. It is similar to IPS. You either need to burn a patched backup or patch the ISO and run it with a USB Loader. HOWEVER, if you dump a backup, you can look at all the files in the patched ISO, and you can put the changed ones (the language ones) into a Riivolution setup or something like that.

T-Rex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
FenrirWolf said:
It's not piracy if you're ripping your original disc. lol

But anyway, I'm pretty sure Riivolution doesn't work with a ppf file. Are there other files that came with the translation? Tem que responder às perguntas, meu. =P

Agora tu fala a nossa língua... ehaueahaeuaehae.

Sei que não é pirataria eu fazer backup do meu original, né... mas prefiro usar o original, mano. Nunca usei pirata e nem vou usar mesmo.
Vejo que o Riivolution parece não trabalhar com PPF... mas podia ter um jeito, pelo menos, né.
Bom... sei que o Fatal Frame 4 já foi traduzido... só falta eu comprar o original do FF4 e usar o patch que eu já tinha baixado e guardado no meu PC... só queria ter uma tradução (parcial ou completa, tanto faz, mas que seja compreensível pra jogar) pro meu Monster Hunter G original, amigo.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like Fishman's advice is the best you're gonna get. Perhaps you could ask the translators to make a Riivolution-compatible version. Or just ask them for the original language files and set it up for Riivolution yourself.

Heck, maybe there's a way to extract them from the PPF assuming it really is just replacing files.

@Xflak: Not gonna work on a retail disc.

T-Rex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
FenrirWolf said:
Looks like Fishman's advice is the best you're gonna get. Perhaps you could ask the translators to make a Riivolution-compatible version. Or just ask them for the original language files and set it up for Riivolution yourself.

Heck, maybe there's a way to extract them from the PPF assuming it really is just replacing files.

It's a good idea, man!!

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishman's post is the best info you can get. Em outras palavras, não é possível de usar o ppf com Riivolution e perguntar mais não vai alterar os fatos. =P

T-Rex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
FenrirWolf said:
Fishman's post is the best info you can get. Em outras palavras, não é possível de usar o ppf com Riivolution e perguntar mais não vai alterar os fatos. =P

Então, como eu não uso backup, porque eu sou contra a pirataria, saca?? Então, pra esclarecer melhor, na parte do post do Fishaman diz que eu devo extrair uma parte do idioma modificado a partir de uma ISO e botar no Riivolution?? É isso ou o quê??

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something like that. Or you could ask the guys who made the translation to supply a Riivolution-compatible version. They ought to be able to do that.

T-Rex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
FenrirWolf said:
Something like that. Or you could ask the guys who made the translation to supply a Riivolution-compatible version. They ought to be able to do that.

Speaking in english...? Okay, so... heuaheuahe.
Well... i have posted on the Riivolution's forum, then... said to me that i will expect the response after day 23rd this month.
ph34r.gif

Tense, man.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end