Homebrew [Help] Homebrew Channel does not sow any USB, but they works in all apps.

momin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is someting wierd that just happened and I don´t know how to solve it.

Homebrew channel 1.1.2
Under IOS58 v24.32

It "detect" the USB's drives, at least it let me pick between SD and USB, but every time I change to usb te app list is empty.

I have try different USB's in different formats (even other that works in other Wii) and still I can use the usb for any emulator, loader etc.... but not for homebrew channel.

Any clue about what could be the issue?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Check the apps folder (and everything within) is in the right spot.
The HBC only recognizes FAT32 (and FAT16?) drives.
Is it a spinning hard drive? HBC has a timeout for USB reads may be be hit if the drive takes too long to spin up.

momin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
is the same usb that i use in other wii, all is fine with it.

any idea what the wii or homebrew channel is lacking? any iods or ios patch?

(the other wii read the apps on homebrew channel without problem, same usb port...)

Last edited by momin,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew Channel uses a different IOS depending the system menu version. For 4.3 it expects an unpatched IOS 58.

momin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Homebrew Channel uses a different IOS depending the system menu version. For 4.3 it expects an unpatched IOS 58.

Could it be then that mi IOS 58 is patched? the revision I have is ok?

I was tinking that maybe HC was using also some other ios for usb read/support (maybe with usb2.0 added o similar).

edit: The problem seems bigger, I got code dumps randomly using other apps by SD too. Close te thread please, I will open a new one when I got some free time to properly do an syscheck and will ask your toughts on it, someting should be wrong and maybe a way to re-start the mod of te wii would be nice.

Last edited by momin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)