Hacking Help hacking hard modded Wii

binario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi. I got a Wii recently and after doing some research it turns out the console has a modchip but I don't know which one does it have. It's a white Wii model RVL-001 with System Menu 4.2U. All of my Gamecube and most of my Wii backups work except for New Super Mario Bros Wii. The game loads alright, but it shows a disc load error every 5 minutes. I've read that an update could solve the problem but since I don't know the modchip I can't do it. There is a problem with the shop channel because it demands a system update to 4.3 and I heard that if you update a modchip Wii the update will brick it. I don't know much about Wii hacking so I ask for your help to mod my console.

In short my goals are:
1. Protect my Wii from bricking it.
2. Make it compatible with all game backups.
3. Update the system without causing issues.
4. Fix the problem with the shop channel and install the official Netflix and Youtube channels. A friend told me that Donkey Kong Country was removed from the shop, is there any other way to install it?
5. Install the best USB backup loader available, and several emulators complete with forwarders.
6. Accomplish all the above goals without bricking the console or losing the ability to load Gamecube backups.

It would be great if i could find out which modchip I have and upgrade it safely if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
1. Install Bootmii and other common recovery software via exploits
2. This can be done with various loaders and the like
3. While I'm not familiar with modchips, I imagine that it is unlikely that it would actually cause a brick by updating. I imagine a worst case scenario is backups would no longer read via the modchip (but you can softmod to read backups with a stock disc drive as it stands).

4. It will be fixed by updating. Yes, you can probably find a .WAD file of the Donkey Kong Country file around (if it were removed, I imagine it's able to be found) and install it via a WAD manager.

5. "Best" is a matter of opinion. Search around and find what you like best.

6. DIOS MIOS is popular for loading gamecube backups. Even if you have to forfeit the modchip's backup abilities, you can still use softmods to load both disc and storage based backups.

binario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Thanks for your quick reply. I have read that DIOS MIOS isn’t perfect and has issues with audio streaming so I really don’t want to lose my modchip. Do I really need to update the system menu in order to fix the store channel? I would like to install both a USB loader and a disc loader. I have read that some games need the 4.3 update to work, but the loaders can bypass that, right? I would like to hear advice from someone experienced with modchips.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.