ROM Hack Help guesstime the value of a DS official dev kit

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a NDS official from NCL Flash ROM card (512Mbit) + swappable 64KB EEPROM save chip card I got when I was doing game reviews for DS. This came from Sega and has the final version of Sonic Rush installed on it.

I don't have the technical ability, nor other means to find a way to make this thing of value to me other than playing that game.

Anyone care to throw an honest guess what it is worth as I want to part with it probably.

You can check it out here:
http://nesworld.emuchrist.org/pics/sonicrushdev1.jpg
http://nesworld.emuchrist.org/pics/sonicrushdev2.jpg

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen one of those before... From what I understood, you need one of the official writers to change the contents of it.

Edit:As for value, I don't know if it's even legal to sell.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice bit of kit there, assuming m2pt5's legality issue does not mean anything (NDA or equivalent agreements from Nintendo and such are pretty strict from what I recall) I would be willing to wager you getting USD$50-$100 for it easily and maybe a bit more as the DS life cycle drags on.

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well legally speaking ownership was transferred to myself when Sega released it in order to do a review of Sonic Rush. They did not request to have it back and had no interest in taking it back. As it stands it is mine unless it was not Sega's to give away, but in that case it's their liability not mine.

I just have zero use for it and I honestly think that sonic game sucks. I'm used to the big areas and fast pacing, but something how it handles didn't sit with me, and I truly have no love or care in playing with the cat girl as I think her dash/jump ability are crippled and annoying. It just sits, so I want to sell it, so I'm trying to get a base idea what I should do that for.

...that or if anyone has an alternative way to somehow stuffing new data to it I'd go that route to try out a few things with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse