Hacking Help getting VC and WiiWare wads to run properly

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I've been out of the scene for a bit and just homebrewed a new wii following all the steps from the Complete Softmod Guide, which pretty much just means that I'm 4.3u with a patched ios 36 in slot 236 and cios d2x I think like v8 or some such.

So first thing I did was go download a bunch of wads of some VC and WiiWare titles and installed them thru Wad Manager. My problem is, they installed properly as far as I can tell but, when I went to play them, they just wouldn't load.

I don't know if I downloaded some bad wads or if I'm missing some ios that I'm not aware of.

One thing to note, some would work and some wouldn't. Castlevania Rebirth and Pokemon Puzzle League worked fine but Castlevania Rhondo of Blood and Doc Louis's Punch Out wouldn't.

If you have any helpful tips or suggestions as to what could be the problem, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would say get all of them if you can from modmii i have left the wii screen for good not sure how much help i can be... sorry... i think the one you need is 55.

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, well thanks for the help. Initially when I installed the wads, I moved them to the sd card from the wii memory screen and they didn't work. I just installed them again and left them on the wii itself and they seem to be working. Any idea why some will move safely to the sd card and some won't?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Because the wads are illegal and the wii checks the tickets on sd game boot, thats why. If you want to bypass that grab modmii and install the fakesigned IOS80 with IOS60 base, then this should work. Oh and _NEVER_ uninstall this system menu IOS or you can throw your wii in trash.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unless you have BootMii installed and have backed up your console's nand before hand.

Anyway... Latest Games require IOS56, but I would update your IOSes using ModMii though.

Also... if you haven't got it installed get priiloader as well and enable hack to disable disc & online updates and region free hacks.

manhill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Unless you have BootMii installed and have backed up your console's nand before hand.

Anyway... Latest Games require IOS56, but I would update your IOSes using ModMii though.

Also... if you haven't got it installed get priiloader as well and enable hack to disable disc & online updates and region free hacks.

ehm... do you mean enable or disable region free hacks?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool