Help getting Pokemon from Black 2 to Pokemon X...

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Apache Thunder, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Apache Thunder
    OP

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    It will still be a few months before I can buy a Black 2 cartridge to transfer my save to. So most of the pokemon I caught in that game will be stuck there for the time being. But I have 6 or 7 pokemon I really want to get into my Pokemon X game right now.

Here's the run down. I started playing Pokemon a year ago starting with Pokemon Sapphire. (used emulator to play the game). Then I played Emerald (which honestly I should have just played that version from the get go) also in emulator. I then started playing pokemon on Black 2 on my R4 on the DS lite. In order to get my pokemon from my Emerald game (I had since transferred all my important pokemon into Emerald through link trades) into Black 2, I would have had to go through 2 generations of pokemon games.

This wouldn't have been that big a deal, but the big hurdle was Pal Park. I consider this a MAJOR bottle neck in the process. I would have to complete the pokedex in the the games that use Pal Park along with completing most of the story line for said game(s). Not to mention I would be limited to transferring 6 at a time AND I have to go into the park and RECATCH them by encountering them and threwing pokeballs at them and the like. HELL NO!

What the flying *** was game freak thinking? There's no way of transferring my hundreds of caught pokemon over like this much less the 6 or 7 I wanted to carry over. Most of the pokemon I have already caught in Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon X combined. So I'm not worried about the boxes of pokemon I had in Emerald. So right now I'm just focusing on getting the 7 pokemon I do want transferred over.

Long story short, I used Pokegen to replicate them down to every stat (I looked at them using the gen 3 save editors to really get them matched up). In the end I did have to alter the IVs a little and such to eventually fix the Pal Park trash bytes and misc other small details, but for the most part they are all nearly identical to the ones I caught in Emerald/Sapphire. They are all legit checked and everything so I don't expect issues with them getting into Pokebank.

My request here is to see if anyone who owns Black 2 and has access to Pokemon Bank and Pokemon X/Y to see if they could help me get them into my game via trade. I have the 7 pokemon I want extracted out as PKM files. There's literally no work expected to get them over as they should already be legit. I took care of all of that. ;)

So anyone willing to do this send me a PM and we can sort something out. :D

2. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2014
    Norway
    You cant move pokemon back in time, only forward.

Only Pokemon X/Y and future games can use the Pokebank freely.

Black/White 1-2 can only export to the Pokebank.

Also the online servers the Black/White games and previous games uses are gone.

Nintendo switched to a all new Nintendo Network online system

3. Apache Thunder
    OP

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    You seem to have misunderstood my request. I'm trying to get my Pokemon in Black 2 into Pokemon X. Currently I can not do that myself as it requires a retail copy of Black 2. I'm not trying to get pokemon from X into Black 2. That's just silly. :P

And yes I'm aware they must go through Pokemon Bank first. :P

To get pokemon from Black 2 into Pokemon X. One must transfer my PKM files into a Black 2 save via Pokegen or other compatible save file editor. use a flashcart to "transfer" that save back to a retail cartridge of the game. Then use that cartridge to transfer the pokemon into Pokemon Bank. They would likely then retrieve them into their own copy of Pokemon X or Y and then we can link up with friend codes and that business to "trade" them into my copy of Pokemon X. That's the process I think is needed to make this work. ;)

4. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2014
    Norway
    Oh right. i was a bit confused xD sorry haha

well i can try help you. send me a pm

5. Apache Thunder
    OP

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Thanks. I'll write up a PM now. Is the FC in your sig the one you will be using? I will be adding that in a few minutes. My PM will contain my FC. ;)

6. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2014
    Norway
    yup

7. Apache Thunder
    OP

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Thanks to HansKaosu, I got my favorite pokemon transferred over. :D

Thread can be locked now.

8. jagerstaffel

jagerstaffel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2008
    United States
    Whoa, I heard one has to pay for Pokegen or that online pokesav editor. Is that true?

9. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2014
    Norway
    No.. any site demanding money is a scam

and if you have a nds adapter plus you just need pokegen

jagerstaffel likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice