Hacking HELP: Getting NSMBW to work from scratch NEWBIE EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

banjojohn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I haven't been paying much attention to the Wii scene in quite a while. I've played the games and nothing more. I haven't installed homebrew channels, patched isos with strange utilities and what not...

Now that New Super Mario Bros Wii is here, it seems I have to.

So, it's a PAL wii with a Wiikey (first edition) and it's been updated back when SMG came out and produced the 002 error. I've managed to use WiiScrubber 1.40 to replace the main.dol file. But then I have to sign the iso again, right? - How exactly do I do that?

And it's even worse when it comes to IOS. My wii has version 3.4E but the IOS exactly, I have no idea. And how do I go about installing the updates (5.3, 6.0 and 7.0)? - I need a homebrew channel, right? - I tried to install HackMii yesterday via the Twilight Hack (I've used that before to install VC wads). I got the install program to run but when it come to the menu it froze (or I couldn't figure out how to navigate/continue).

Could someone be so kind as to explain a few of these things? - I'd really love to play this game, but it seems sort of hopeless to get up to speed on all those utils and methods in one go...

EDIT: By the way, I tried installing neogamma via Twilight Hack but it told me it wasn't wise, since I hadn't IOS(?) 249...I've downloaded that with NUS Downloader and saved it as a WAD-file but I forget how I installed WAD from Twilight Hack...it needs a boot.dol/boot.elf....where is it I get that from? I don't presume it's any boot.dol

Clish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
banjojohn said:
OK, I haven't been paying much attention to the Wii scene in quite a while. I've played the games and nothing more. I haven't installed homebrew channels, patched isos with strange utilities and what not...

Now that New Super Mario Bros Wii is here, it seems I have to.

So, it's a PAL wii with a Wiikey (first edition) and it's been updated back when SMG came out and produced the 002 error. I've managed to use WiiScrubber 1.40 to replace the main.dol file. But then I have to sign the iso again, right? - How exactly do I do that?

And it's even worse when it comes to IOS. My wii has version 3.4E but the IOS exactly, I have no idea. And how do I go about installing the updates (5.3, 6.0 and 7.0)? - I need a homebrew channel, right? - I tried to install HackMii yesterday via the Twilight Hack (I've used that before to install VC wads). I got the install program to run but when it come to the menu it froze (or I couldn't figure out how to navigate/continue).

Could someone be so kind as to explain a few of these things? - I'd really love to play this game, but it seems sort of hopeless to get up to speed on all those utils and methods in one go...

EDIT: By the way, I tried installing neogamma via Twilight Hack but it told me it wasn't wise, since I hadn't IOS(?) 249...I've downloaded that with NUS Downloader and saved it as a WAD-file but I forget how I installed WAD from Twilight Hack...it needs a boot.dol/boot.elf....where is it I get that from? I don't presume it's any boot.dol

read the threads...... it si not that hard since it is the first post of the thread.....

banjojohn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I see the first page have been updated even further since I last looked. Seems I only need to figure out how install neogamma...
As said it warns me that CIOS249 isn't installed. What would I do to install that, since I haven't even got a homebrew channel?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
You dont install neogamma unless you want a channel you just run it form HBC.

Getting mario to work is soooooo easy if you just use the .gct method imho.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
banjojohn said:
OK, I see the first page have been updated even further since I last looked. Seems I only need to figure out how install neogamma...
As said it warns me that CIOS249 isn't installed. What would I do to install that, since I haven't even got a homebrew channel?

Read the stickies.... Wow....

Idiot pirate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1