HELP: Getting NSMBW to work from scratch NEWBIE EDITION

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by banjojohn, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banjojohn
    OP

banjojohn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2007
    OK, I haven't been paying much attention to the Wii scene in quite a while. I've played the games and nothing more. I haven't installed homebrew channels, patched isos with strange utilities and what not...

Now that New Super Mario Bros Wii is here, it seems I have to.

So, it's a PAL wii with a Wiikey (first edition) and it's been updated back when SMG came out and produced the 002 error. I've managed to use WiiScrubber 1.40 to replace the main.dol file. But then I have to sign the iso again, right? - How exactly do I do that?

And it's even worse when it comes to IOS. My wii has version 3.4E but the IOS exactly, I have no idea. And how do I go about installing the updates (5.3, 6.0 and 7.0)? - I need a homebrew channel, right? - I tried to install HackMii yesterday via the Twilight Hack (I've used that before to install VC wads). I got the install program to run but when it come to the menu it froze (or I couldn't figure out how to navigate/continue).

Could someone be so kind as to explain a few of these things? - I'd really love to play this game, but it seems sort of hopeless to get up to speed on all those utils and methods in one go...

EDIT: By the way, I tried installing neogamma via Twilight Hack but it told me it wasn't wise, since I hadn't IOS(?) 249...I've downloaded that with NUS Downloader and saved it as a WAD-file but I forget how I installed WAD from Twilight Hack...it needs a boot.dol/boot.elf....where is it I get that from? I don't presume it's any boot.dol

2. Clish

Clish Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2007
    Canada
    read the threads...... it si not that hard since it is the first post of the thread.....

3. banjojohn
    OP

banjojohn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2007
    OK, I see the first page have been updated even further since I last looked. Seems I only need to figure out how install neogamma...
    As said it warns me that CIOS249 isn't installed. What would I do to install that, since I haven't even got a homebrew channel?

4. Slimmmmmm

Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

Nov 1, 2007
    the land of lol
    You dont install neogamma unless you want a channel you just run it form HBC.

Getting mario to work is soooooo easy if you just use the .gct method imho.

5. illinialex24

illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 26, 2009
    United States
    The Midwest
    Read the stickies.... Wow....

Idiot pirate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.