Hacking Help getting Metroid Prime 3 Working

webyugioh

OP
Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
Hi, can any one help me play metriod prime 3.
I burnt a backup and place it in my NTSC-U wii that has a wiikey in it and firmware 3.0U.
I place the disk in and the wii sees the game and shows the logo, but when i hit start the screen just turns black and stays that way forever. I press buttions on my wiimote and all four blue lights flash like the wii was off, but i see a green light on the wii.
Has anyone else had this problem?
DOes anyone know what to do about it?
THis is starting to get frustrating
hate2.gif

I'm made like 4 coasters by now

THank you all for your help

bullet2urbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, can any one help me play metriod prime 3.
I burnt a backup and place it in my NTSC-U wii that has a wiikey in it and firmware 3.0U.
I place the disk in and the wii sees the game and shows the logo, but when i hit start the screen just turns black and stays that way forever. I press buttions on my wiimote and all four blue lights flash like the wii was off, but i see a green light on the wii.
Has anyone else had this problem?
DOes anyone know what to do about it?
THis is starting to get frustratingÂ
hate2.gif

I'm made like 4 coasters by now

THank you all for your help

If I may jump in and ask a Metroid Prime 3 question also.

It says that it wants to install a system update which if any technical modifications have been made my wii will be bricked.... Well obviously i have a mod chiip (Chiip) so I was hesitant to do this... anyone have any experience with this or done this update??? I'm still extremely green to this whole "scene" so i thought i better ask.

Thanks

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have an American Wii, no matter if you have a Modchip installed or not and play the American Metroid Release untouched, just download, burn and play, do the update and you are sweet, does not do anything to the Chip, does not stop anything from working, just makes one of the best FPS games run on your Wii and 360 owners look on enviously, how will they ever control Halo3 the way we control Metroid3 :-)

loresfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the update, I was scared when i did it. Nothing happend to the wii..

When i put in the metroid backup, it reads the menu fine, the title shows up. When i Click start it says cannot read game disk.

Does that mean i have to update my wiikey? when i installed it i never installed any updates for it. could this be the problem?

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Most Likely a Bad burn. If your Wii is USA, Metroid should play without any problems, the only problems are when people try to play it on European or Japanese Wii's.

USA wii's wont have any problems at all.

webjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most Likely a Bad burn. If your Wii is USA, Metroid should play without any problems, the only problems are when people try to play it on European or Japanese Wii's.

USA wii's wont have any problems at all.

Yeah, sounds like a bad burn or disc slightly imperfect. You just need a tiny issue to make the disc do that. I noticed that when I used to do labels. I'd burn a disc and it would work fine. But once I put the damn label on then either no read at all or would read title screen but go black after hitting start. Now I use inkjet printable disc and all is good in the universe!!!
biggrin.gif

loresfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, i got it to work with a verbatim DVD-R it works perfect... Thanks for the help

I want to make sure i understand this 100%

1. there is no possible way nindendo can brick my wii if i update its firmware?
2. Can i still use the internet with a modded wii?
3. Can i damage the wii if i ran a PAL game and updated the firmware that the disk includes if i have a NTSC usa wii?
4. Can i run backup games online?

bullet2urbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used, the same burn speed and discs on every other wii game and they all work, but Metroid did the update thing, went to start the game and then black screened and then wouldnt do nothing, controller lights turned off wouldnt turn back on ..... ejected game, pulled power restarted console and tried different game, works fine still...

Same Symptoms sounds like... anythoughts?

SuperGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used, the same burn speed and discs on every other wii game and they all work, but Metroid did the update thing, went to start the game and then black screened and then wouldnt do nothing, controller lights turned off wouldnt turn back on ..... ejected game, pulled power restarted console and tried different game, works fine still...

If you have a NTSC Wii, don't use BrickBlocker (it sounds like you did). If you do the disk update on a NTSC Wii, you'll be fine. However, if you have a PAL wii, you're out of luck. sorry

bullet2urbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you have a NTSC Wii, don't use BrickBlocker (it sounds like you did). If you do the disk update on a NTSC Wii, you'll be fine. However, if you have a PAL wii, you're out of luck. sorry

I have an NTSC Wii i presume, i bought it in USA from USA retailer... I dont have brickblocker that i know of, Using Chiips Modchip, I'll give it another go sometime here once im done playing all these other games i got
bow.gif

poseoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi have been reading the threads regarding the PROMiNENT release of Metroid Prime 3 and the update it requires before it runs. I am currently running 3.1u the latest firmware and it is STILL asking that i update. Can anyone confirm that it IS ok to go ahead with the update regardless?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.