Hacking Help getting certain GBC/GBA games to work

startrekismylife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a new ds lite and a M3DS Real with the GBA Expansion Pack.

I have Sakura v1.48 with Touchpod and i've had no problems loading DS games...BUT i am having a hell of a time getting some GBA/GBC/GB games to work.

I know i can't load GBC games in Sakura at all, so i tried loading Crystalis (GBC) in Touchpod. I got this message: "CRYSTALIS. This game pak will only work with Game Boy Color Video Game System" This is one of the games that i bought the expansion pack for and i can't even get it to work
frown.gif

When i try to load the Classic NES version of Super Mario Bros 1 (GBA) in Touchpod AND Sakura, i get this message: "Game Pak Error. Turn The Power Off." I think i read another post somewhere that said something about the Classic NES series not working, but has anyone been able to get it to work? I also tried the Classic NES Castlevania and the same thing just happened.

Also, i know that Touchpad will play NES games, But the GBA versions of NES games are scaled for the small screen and look better on a handheld system.
smile.gif

Would getting a different Slot 2 flashcard make a difference? Perhaps one of the ones that has an SD Card slot in it?

Any help would be appreciated!

startrekismylife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just loading GB/GBC/GBA games directly from touchpod. I don't believe it is emulated. I think it just runs like normal games do, since it is a slot 2 device as well. I was just wondering if the slot 2 devices that have sd card slots would be more compatible. I'm also having a little trouble with saving GBA/GBC/GB games (i've read up on this and i think i have it worked out) but i was wondering if the saves are more reliable with the sd card type devices?

Also, i did "google it", thank you very much. I could find no real answers, even after looking for hours. All the information i found did not directly answer my question, which is why i created an account to get answers here. I figured there are some pretty experienced people on this board and maybe one of them might be able to help me out instead of just trying to make a newcomer feel like a dumbass.

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've read. The Classic NES series for the GBA have been causing problems for many of the handheld emulators.

My recommendation is to use NesDS for each of the Classic NES titles (or use Moonshell! Just found out they can run .nes files). And for the GB/GBC games, there's always Lameboy. The latest build can let you stretch the screen, and it's pretty handsome.

Hope this is helpful!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr