OP
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

When playing GBA games on my N3DSXl with Luma3DS CFW, I get this weird cropping issue with the games. I was wondering if anyone knew how to resolve this issue. I am using A9LH and I have tried this with and without the "Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM."

Here is a picture to show you the issue I am having. Sorry for crappy quality, I was using my laptop webcam.
4cuJNLF.jpg

[/spolier]

Last edited by drewby,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is how GBA games are. They were always like that on 3DS(Old & New). To play GBA games in their original resolution hold down select and press A on the game. Keep select held down until the game starts up. This basically makes the game look much better. The only downfall is that it makes the game look smaller.

Sorry that is wrong, this is not how they always are without adjusting the resolution.

tan-tan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is how GBA games are. They were always like that on 3DS(Old & New). To play GBA games in their original resolution hold down select and press A on the game. Keep select held down until the game starts up. This basically makes the game look much better. The only downfall is that it makes the game look smaller.

Look a little more carefully. The top part of the screen is cut off and displaying at the bottom of the screen instead. That is not normal behavior.
I've been having exactly the same problem, so I'm also curious about this one.

Reactions: zeldaism

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look a little more carefully. The top part of the screen is cut off and displaying at the bottom of the screen instead. That is not normal behavior.
I've been having exactly the same problem, so I'm also curious about this one.
Oh thanks for clarifying.

Last edited by zeldaism,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? They never boot full screen. There are always 2 black bars next to the game.

Not the issue being discussed here. Look at the top and bottom of the screen, that is the OP'S issue. It certainly isn't true of all N3DS XLs though as I'm testing and it works just fine in mine.

It could be the copy downloaded. Or it could be like Mario Advance 4 where you have to play it once with the weurd issue, exit to the home menu, then re-enter the game and it will be fixed, can't guarantee that's the solution, but again, it worked for Mario Advance 4 for me when it was like that.

Last edited by duffmmann,

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not the issue being discussed here. Look at the top and bottom of the screen, that is the OP'S issue. It certainly isn't true of all N3DS XLs though as I'm testing and it works just fine in mine.

It could be the copy downloaded. Or it could be like Mario Advance 4 where you have to play it once with the weurd issue, exit to the home menu, then re-enter the game and it will be fixed, can't guarantee that's the solution, but again, it worked for Mario Advance 4 for me when it was like that.
Yeah sorry I didn't look at the pic correctly. My bad. :P

Last edited by zeldaism,

drewby

OP
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States

These are official CIAs dowloaded from eShop

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I had it do this to me once. I think it was because of the cluster size I was using for the SD card in the 3DS. Copy everything back to PC, format SD using default cluster size and copy everything back and check if that resolves the issue.
This is the solution, a 64 KB cluster size seems to break AGB_FIRM on larger cards, try reducing it to 32 KB.

Alternatively, pressing the home button should shift the screen a bit - try mashing the home button until it's aligned.

Reactions: zeldaism and Selver

drewby

OP
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
This is the solution, a 64 KB cluster size seems to break AGB_FIRM on larger cards, try reducing it to 32 KB.

Alternatively, pressing the home button should shift the screen a bit - try mashing the home button until it's aligned.
Worked! Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but... +1