Homebrew [Help] [Gateway] Installing American Emunand on Japanese N3DS

sieg777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there GBAtemp,

First foray into CFWs since the good ol' fat PSP days, and am looking for a little guidance. I'd just like to start off by saying that I am only here as a result of finding partial or inconclusive information, and resorting to asking the community here for an answer. I was interested in doing this with my JP N3DS a few months before the N3DS launched in America, however, as you may recall there was no public guide on how to install a CFW back then (at least to my knowledge) :P To give you some background on my setup and tools:

device: Japanese N3DS (small one)
sysnand: 8.1.0-0J
emunand: GW3D 10.6.0-31J
cards: Gateway Red Card (updated to 3.7.1), Sky3DS (blue button model)

What I am hoping to do: Install a (U) emunand on my JP N3DS.

What I have managed so far:
- Used my Sky3DS with a Cubic Ninja (J) rom to boot into Gateway (this was due to the N3DS forcing an update request on the 8.1.0 FW whenever I wanted to launch the browser, regardless of configuring the DNS or date)
- Backed up my sysnand
- Created my emunand, and updated it
- Did the nvram install so I could boot into emunand through the DS profile exploit

What I've skipped:
- Anything regarding the Gateway blue card, due to getting kicked out of booting it since it reads out as a (U) game I think?
- Installing browserhax or menuhax due to the aforementioned browser hangup.

From what I understand, I need to use something called CIA to replace a bunch of J-designated files with their U variants, and then perform a system format? I guess my main misunderstanding is how do I go about this within the context of my setup, and if there is in fact a guide for doing this that I have clearly missed in my searching.

Thank you all in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn