[Help] [Gateway] Installing American Emunand on Japanese N3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by sieg777, Mar 2, 2016.

1. sieg777
    OP

sieg777 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2016
    Canada
    Hey there GBAtemp,

First foray into CFWs since the good ol' fat PSP days, and am looking for a little guidance. I'd just like to start off by saying that I am only here as a result of finding partial or inconclusive information, and resorting to asking the community here for an answer. I was interested in doing this with my JP N3DS a few months before the N3DS launched in America, however, as you may recall there was no public guide on how to install a CFW back then (at least to my knowledge) :P To give you some background on my setup and tools:

device: Japanese N3DS (small one)
    sysnand: 8.1.0-0J
    emunand: GW3D 10.6.0-31J
    cards: Gateway Red Card (updated to 3.7.1), Sky3DS (blue button model)

What I am hoping to do: Install a (U) emunand on my JP N3DS.

What I have managed so far:
    - Used my Sky3DS with a Cubic Ninja (J) rom to boot into Gateway (this was due to the N3DS forcing an update request on the 8.1.0 FW whenever I wanted to launch the browser, regardless of configuring the DNS or date)
    - Backed up my sysnand
    - Created my emunand, and updated it
    - Did the nvram install so I could boot into emunand through the DS profile exploit

What I've skipped:
    - Anything regarding the Gateway blue card, due to getting kicked out of booting it since it reads out as a (U) game I think?
    - Installing browserhax or menuhax due to the aforementioned browser hangup.

From what I understand, I need to use something called CIA to replace a bunch of J-designated files with their U variants, and then perform a system format? I guess my main misunderstanding is how do I go about this within the context of my setup, and if there is in fact a guide for doing this that I have clearly missed in my searching.

Thank you all in advance.

2. sieg777
    OP

sieg777 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2016
    Canada
    And....just realized im in the wrong board. Meant to post this in CFW/Flashcards. Sorry!

3. Rosselman

Rosselman Spooky Skeleton

Oct 29, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Santiago
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice