Hacking [Help] Gateway 3ds works on 2ds FW 8.1.0?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I seriously appreciate all the help all of you have given me! I still need to know what the Multi Rom Menu is as well as how to get PASTA CFW on my 2ds...?
If you have gateway, just use that as it's easier to set up than CFW.
multi-rom menu is what appears on the home menu after you hit select. (its the 4th step in my instructions)
it's just a list of .3ds files on the gateway microSD card.

Last edited by zoogie,

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
One more thing... Running EmuNand... How do I approach updating my system and running EmuNand Properly?

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
One more thing... Running EmuNand... How do I approach updating my system and running EmuNand Properly?
If you're a beginner I wouldn't do this immediately as you can accidently update your system.

But when your'e ready:

on GW menu, select format emunand (this erases everything on the big sd card so backup first)
boot gw and it should automatically boot into emunand (it will look exactly like regular nand at first)
go to system settings and check you firmware. (ONLY if GW3D is in front of your firmware version, go to the next step)
while staying in system settings, go to update system and update your system (DO NOT LEAVE SYS SETTINGS DURING THIS STEP)
the system will reboot after the update and you'll be returned to your previous firmware!
no fear, just reboot the gateway and you should enter your updated emunand (there may be a black screen for a while, just wait, emunand can be slow)

Last edited by zoogie,

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you're a beginner I wouldn't do this immediately as you can accidently update your system.

But when your'e ready:

on GW menu, select format emunand (this erases everything on the big sd card so backup first)
boot gw and it should automatically boot into emunand (it will look exactly like regular nand at first)
go to system settings and check you firmware. (ONLY if GW3D is in front of your firmware version, go to the next step)
while staying in system settings, go to update system and update your system (DO NOT LEAVE SYS SETTINGS DURING THIS STEP)
the system will reboot after the update and you'll be returned to your previous firmware!
no fear, just reboot the gateway and you should enter your updated emunand (there may be a black screen for a while, just wait, emunand can be slow)
I'm not a complete noob. I have EmuNand on my Wii running perfectly. Even though it's pointless. But I wanted to be sure. As long as I see GW3D next to my FW, update? You'll need to forgive me as I'm super tight on funds and had to squeeze out some money for a 2ds. Even if i failed, couldn't I restore my 2ds to 8.1.0? I backed up my NAND.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not a complete noob. I have EmuNand on my Wii running perfectly. Even though it's pointless. But I wanted to be sure. As long as I see GW3D next to my FW, update? You'll need to forgive me as I'm super tight on funds and had to squeeze out some money for a 2ds. Even if i failed, couldn't I restore my 2ds to 8.1.0? I backed up my NAND.
The important thing to remember is only update when you see GW3D and don't exit system settings, go straight to update console.

Good job knowing to make a backup, but it's a pain in the ass to restore as it requires opening up the console and soldering wires to tiny contact points. Nand backups are a good failsafe, but avoid having to use them at all costs.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The important thing to remember is only update when you see GW3D and don't exit system settings, go straight to update console.

Good job knowing to make a backup, but it's a pain in the ass to restore as it requires opening up the console and soldering wires to tiny contact points. Nand backups are a good failsafe, but avoid having to use them at all costs.
Thanks! One last thing, I know I'm annoying. But is there any chance of a bug of the EmuNand not working when updating? I've heard someplace there are bugs from times...

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it doesn't work then you can just try again by repeating from step 1.

I've heard of horror stories of people swearing they were in gw3d mode but sysnand gets updated instead. I've updated emunand probably a 100 times and I've never encountered this. I suspect error on their part rather than some bug.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If that's the case, I should be okay. But an error can be annoying in this case. So, if that's all, I say thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.