Hacking [Help] Frozen logo screen after restoring rawnand

kamakazi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem: Switch frozen at Nintendo switch logo. I’m able to sx pro into rcm but unable to get past the logo screen.

Steps: after modding the console using sx pro, I used hekate to restore the rawnand I’ve backed up. The firmware is on 5.10. I left it alone for awhile then threw it on the dock without jumper or the sx pro dongle. From then on it’s now stuck on the logo. I’ve tried draining the power and even removing the battery. No luck. Is there a way to extract all necessary items from the rawnand? Did I corrupt my files?

Thank you guys again for looking into the this.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For everyone who misread the title like I did:
frozenbootscreen.jpg

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you dump and restore boot0/boot1 as well? And did you burn any fuses after you dumped the rawnand? Fuses can be checked with either briccmii or Hekate. Lastly, did your Switch (not Hekate) have exFAT support before dumping? If not, are you trying to load SX OS with an exFAT formatted SD card?

kamakazi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you dump and restore boot0/boot1 as well? And did you burn any fuses after you dumped the rawnand? Fuses can be checked with either briccmii or Hekate. Lastly, did your Switch (not Hekate) have exFAT support before dumping? If not, are you trying to load SX OS with an exFAT formatted SD card?

Did try to restore boot0/1. Didn’t check if I burned fuses. Exfat was used and available even before the backup and usage of sx os. I am missing prod and biskey but I’m not sure what those are used for.. still a big noob to everything outside of sx os

kamakazi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I checked my fuses, i'm at count 6 which makes sense because I backed up my rawnand at 5.1.0. I've also did the fusee > hekate > restore with both boot0/1 and rawnand.

I've grabbed my biskeys, but not sure what to do with these. The switch is still stuck on the Switch Logo. hmm any ideas guys?

kamakazi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any ideas guys?

Tried restoring prehacked rawnand and boot0/1. I also tried CFW and OFW boots to recovery but its still stuck on second boot screen.

I've tried different .bins > hekate, reinx and sxos to recovery but no luck...

Also tried killing the battery completely, unseating the battery, but no luck getting past second boot. So unfortunately I can't do anything about choidujour

Last edited by kamakazi,

DanPavanez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I had a similar problem after restoring an older backup (downgrading from 6.2.0 to 6.0.1) and ended up having boot0 or boot1 corrupted.
I followed the guide for manual updating without burning efuses to get clean boot0/1 and i flashed them manually using HackDiskMount and etcher. You'll need BIS keys (just run biskeydump.bin payload) and a copy of console prod.keys (for firmware decrypting).

You can try this since you have no other option to boot, just get the firmware update .zip of your backup and follow the guide till section 8.3.

If this doesn't work either you may try to follow the entire guide to overwrite all system files, that should work (if your problem is system related)

Last edited by DanPavanez,
Reactions: kamakazi

kamakazi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar problem after restoring an older backup (downgrading from 6.2.0 to 6.0.1) and ended up having boot0 or boot1 corrupted.
I followed the guide for manual updating without burning efuses to get clean boot0/1 and i flashed them manually using HackDiskMount and etcher. You'll need BIS keys (just run biskeydump.bin payload) and a copy of console prod.keys (for firmware decrypting).

You can try this since you have no other option to boot, just get the firmware update .zip of your backup and follow the guide till section 8.3.

If this doesn't work either you may try to follow the entire guide to overwrite all system files, that should work (if your problem is system related)

Seems like it might be more than just system/boot related. I gone through all the steps of the guide and still not getting passed the second boot screen :(

Now do I risk it to send it back to Nintendo repair? Can they detect whether I tried to screw with the system and revoke me?

Emeraldman94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like it might be more than just system/boot related. I gone through all the steps of the guide and still not getting passed the second boot screen :(

Now do I risk it to send it back to Nintendo repair? Can they detect whether I tried to screw with the system and revoke me?

same... Let me know if you fix it and how

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...