Homebrew HELP! formatting memory card, blue blinking light/won't boot...

jaderocc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats up yall. in desperate need of some major troubleshooting rn. so today i was trying to get citra set up and i pulled my microsd and put it in my computer to paste some files to it. it wouldn't let me, so i pulled it out to check that it wasn't in locked mode, it's not, but won't let me cut from or paste to it, so i had no other choice besides formatting it. so, i made a backup on my desktop of the entire contents of the 3ds sd card, and then i formatted the card using quick format in sdformatter to fat32, since it says it can retrieve data afterwards. i don't think it actually can retrieve data, unless it's some hidden away option. anyway after that, i copied everything to the newly formatted microsd. once completed, i ejected it and put it back into my 3ds. now, it doesn't boot, it just gives me the blue blinking light where the power light is normally a solid constant blue. i don't know what to do - i've removed the files i added, it's got the exact same contents as it did prior to quick formatting it. i don't want to fully format it unless that is the solution, as it will take another hour or two after the format to get all of the files back onto the sd card. does anyone know what i can do? the sd card does have an arm9loadhax.bin in it. please help!!!!! thanks!!!!

LoDeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know, but I "up" this topic as it look important and that I found it in 6th page.

Guipradi

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone help this poor guy, he even knows where to put the arm9loaderhax.bin. Only idea is deleting the extdata folder

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me like the SD is dying if it was strictly read-only before you tried formatting it. Do you have another card you can test this with?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a wii u, put the homebrew launcher on the sd card and try to load that up. If it doesnt work, the sd card isnt formattes right, if it does, than either somethings missing or the 3ds is buggin out. It sounds strange but i do this often, only vice versa.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...