HyperShadow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
OK, this is embarrassing. Back when I discovered the twilight princess hack, I sort of went a bit nuts installing VC games, later uninstalling them incorrectly by simple removing the channel. Only later did I learn about waduninstaller, and the possibility that Nintendo can detect leftover tickets. I am now trying to track down every single VC game I installed (there weren't really THAT many, but enough to make me uncertain that I got them all) and using waduninstaller with each one.

Is there an app that can tell me if I've got any tickets leftover?

Thanks and I'm sorry if this is n00bish. Couldn't find a straight answer anywhere else.

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
You will need to dump the Wii's Content using "FS_Dumper" onto a SD Card (must have 512MB free).

Then using this sweet "Wad Maker" tool, you can view all the WADs that have been installed on your Wii (reads the data from the SD Card). Using the tool you make the required WADs (in your case the ones to remove).

Then using "WAD Manager 1.3" (or 1.4), just highlight the WAD you want to remove and press the '-' button. The WAD (ticket, apps etc) will then completely be gone from your Wii.

I'll upload the tools later on today.

HyperShadow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
That sounds just like what I need, RadioShadow, thanks!

So with wad manager i won't need to track down and redownload the actual wads once i find out which they are?

HyperShadow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
Thanks again guys, I just managed to track them all down.

One final question: is it absolutely necessary to remove all hacked VC games before connecting to wii shop, or is that just a myth so far?
What about installing them and transferring them over to SD (i have 4.0)? Would the tickets remain in the wii memory?

iceache

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HyperShadow said:
Thanks again guys, I just managed to track them all down.

One final question: is it absolutely necessary to remove all hacked VC games before connecting to wii shop, or is that just a myth so far?
What about installing them and transferring them over to SD (i have 4.0)? Would the tickets remain in the wii memory?
its a myth

They can't do anything to your system.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's just a myth, though there may be issues with downloading a real game if you installed a hacked one (but why would you do that?).

You can install and transfer to the SD card if you upgrade to 4.0 using Waninko's method of updating and NOT through Nintendo!

HyperShadow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
Yeah I used Waninko's 4.0 update
smile.gif

At least my wii memory is nice and tidy now. Cheers and thanks for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cut your life into pieces.