1. SaulFabre

OP SaulFabre Wii scene/hacking & Wii VC well-known guy

Ecuador
    Hello!
    Recently I've tried to make some Nintendo 64 (N64) Wii Virtual Console injections using the last WAD released officialy "Bomberman Hero".
    I tested injecting some N64 games in it, including Dr. Mario 64, Space Invaders 64, and Pokémon Stadium.
    For my surprise, the game Pokémon Stadium loaded perfectly in Bomberman Hero WAD, so I was testing if the game was playable in the WAD, and IT WORKS GREAT! (but with some very minor glitches.) Amazing, isn't it?
    But, in all injections I've made in Bomberman Hero, the injected WAD crashes when I press the HOME button, making it unusable, and freezing and soft-locking my emulated Wii in Dolphin Emulator.
    Anyone has tried fixing this issue in the WAD? If you did it, can anyone say me how I can fix it for make them usable and to display correctly the HOME Menu when I press the HOME button? HELP, PLEASE!! I always dreamed to play Pokémon Stadium on Wii.
    Thanks in advance :bow:

PD: I'm sending you some screenshots of the game "Pokémon Stadium" working on Bomberman Hero (N64) WAD:
    PokemonStadium64 working on BombermanHero64 WAD.PNG
    PokemonStadium64 working on BombermanHero64 WAD 2.PNG PokemonStadium64 working on BombermanHero64 WAD 3.PNG PokemonStadium64 working on BombermanHero64 WAD 4.PNG PokemonStadium64 working on BombermanHero64 WAD 5.PNG PokemonStadium64 game1.PNG PokemonStadium64 game2.PNG PokemonStadium64 working on BombermanHero64 WAD 6.PNG

Photo of WAD crashing when I press the HOME button:
    HOME button crash BBMan Hero 64.PNG

Last edited by SaulFabre, Aug 31, 2020
    Zorg1996 likes this.
  2. Zorg1996

Zorg1996 Member
    Newcomer

Peru
    Es increíble amigo, me interesa ese fajo que usaste donde lo conseguiste, ¿en el repositorio de mario cube? Estoy interesado y me gustaría que alguien solucionara el problema del botón de inicio. Saludos

It's amazing friend, I'm interested in that wad that you used where you got it, in the mario cube repository? I am interested and would like someone to fix the home button problem. Greetings

Last edited by VinsCool, Mar 11, 2021 - Reason: Please post in English
    SaulFabre likes this.
  3. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Puerto Rico
    In order to prevent the Home Menu from crashing the game you have to find the title ID of the original ROM of the VC title.
    Open the uncompressed ROM in a hex editor and you'll find the ID easily, just copy it over to the new ROM and that's it, no more crashing.

I wrote about it a while back but I guess it got lost since I couldn't find it, though admittedly I only wrote something like "just change the title id to the base rom." which might be confusing to some.

MaeseJesus, Zorg1996 and SaulFabre like this.
  4. SaulFabre

Ecuador
    Hey @Zorg1996 te escribí la respuesta en tu perfil de ElOtroLado (en adelante llamaré EOL para abreviarlo), míralo porfa

Hey Zorg1996 I wrote you the answer in your ElOtroLado profile (from now on I will call EOL for short), look at it please

Last edited by VinsCool, Mar 11, 2021 - Reason: Please post in English
    Zorg1996 likes this.
  5. SaulFabre

Ecuador
    Ok @SuperrSonic thanks for the info, I uncompressed the "original" ROM file of the Bomberman Hero WAD with romchu and I got a file with 12,0 MB, and when i checked in HxD Hex Editor i found that the ID was "NBDE". I edited the ROM i wanted to inject by changing the ID of the game, and I injected with romc compression Type 1, and when I loaded it in my Wii, it loads and when I press the HOME button, the injected WAD won't crash; that means the WAD when HOME button pressed opens the HOME Menu. Thanks very much @SuperrSonic you're a crack :)

raxadian likes this.
  6. Zorg1996

Zorg1996 Member
    Newcomer

Peru
    ya te respondi bro :v

I already answered you bro: v

Last edited by VinsCool, Mar 11, 2021
  7. Mantekilla

Mantekilla Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Any chance I can get some help with this? I downloaded your injector tools and i put the ps rom and the bomber man wad and it goes through the process after typing y and enter a bunch, when I open output.wad in dolphin, it just plays bomberman hero! Please help!

SaulFabre likes this.
  8. SaulFabre

Ecuador
    Oops sorry @Mantekilla, my tool for injecting N64 games to Wii VC games on romc format has a bug that doesn't pick up correctly N64 ROMs in *.z64. Sorry for that, I'm so surprised that nobody mentioned that bug! :( Please be patient when I solve this issue for you in my tool N64romc_iNJECT.exe and I will tell you the update in a next update of AIO Wii VC iNJECT Tools by me.
    Okay @Mantekilla? ;)
    PD: But if you still want to inject the Pokémon Stadium on Bomberman Hero WAD, here's another solution:
    1. Get my tools pack for injecting ROMs into VC WADs here in this link.
    2. Uncompress the contents and seek for the romc compressor (romc Compressor Type 1, NOT Type 0).
    3. Get your ROM, copy it and paste into romc folder
    4. Open CMD in the romc folder, the enter the following and press Enter: romc.exe e ROMNAME.z64 romc_ROMNAME.z64 - Example: romc.exe e PokemonStadium.z64 romc_PokemonStadium.z64
    5. Once finished compression, take the new ROM compressed in romc compression, copy it and paste it into your injector (Auto InjectuWAD or Devilken Injector). Also copy your WAD into the same folder of your injector that you will use.
    6. Inject your ROM by following this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/virtual-console-nintendo-64-n64-wii-vc-injection-tutorial.556159/
    Greetings :D

Last edited by SaulFabre, Mar 8, 2021
    raxadian likes this.
  9. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Psycho!

Argentina
    That's useful, I will try later.

Last edited by raxadian, Mar 10, 2021
    SaulFabre likes this.
  10. drag4you

drag4you Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Hello Saul, i made a pokemon stadium .wad following all your instructions, even adding the home button thing, it works but the game has no sound. Did i missed something? Also, i used the Jurai compressor.

Last edited by drag4you, Mar 11, 2021
    SaulFabre likes this.
  11. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Psycho!

Argentina
    My best guess is some problem reading the compressed audio format that the game uses. Try exporting Pokemon Stadium 2 to see if it has the same problem.

SaulFabre and KokoseiJ like this.
  12. drag4you

drag4you Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Sure, I'll try Pokemon Stadium 2.

Last edited by drag4you, Mar 11, 2021
    SaulFabre likes this.
  13. drag4you

drag4you Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    I just tried with Pokemon Stadium 2, the game doesn't even start.

SaulFabre likes this.
  14. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Psycho!

Argentina
    SaulFabre likes this.
  15. SaulFabre

Ecuador
    It's a common problem with N64 VC injected WADs. Some games don't play the sound. This is still unfixable in some N64 VC WADs, sorry :(

drag4you likes this.
  16. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Psycho!

Argentina
    Unfortunately I am quire sure is because the emulator cannot play certain kinds of compressed audio. That and the 40ish mb limit is one of the reasons we had to wait until the Wii U to get more N64 ports.

Say whatever you want of the Wii U but hacked is a great emulation machine.

Breaks less that the Switch too.

Last edited by raxadian, Mar 11, 2021
    SaulFabre likes this.
  17. drag4you

drag4you Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Its okay, at least i tried to see if it works, it does, no sound but it does work. Also, tried injecting Pokemon Stadium to Mario Party 2 and... it has sound but all the 3d scenes like battles and even the intro are in black screen but the menus of the game are visible.

SaulFabre likes this.
  18. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Psycho!

Argentina
    So basically that game had support for compressed sound but not for the graphics.

You will have to try with every official N64 Wiiware to see if one works okay.

SaulFabre likes this.
  19. SaulFabre

Ecuador
    @raxadian @drag4you Have you tried copying the "sound capturer" file from 5.app from Mario Party 2 WAD and put it in 5.app of Bomberman Hero WAD?

Not sure if it works but i think it's a possible solution for that...

Last edited by SaulFabre, Mar 13, 2021
    raxadian and drag4you like this.
  20. drag4you

drag4you Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    I haven't, but will try. I been trying every n64 wad that has the 8/8 type content because the 7/7 type, the wad manager won't let me install it. Also the only 8/8 type game that wad manager won't let me install is kirby crystal shards all the others 8/8 type content wads work except that one. Unfortunately only 3 wad injects work with Pokemon Stadium: OgreBattle64 it crashes once you enter the main menu goes into a white screen no sound, Bomberman Hero same as OgreBattle64 BUT at least it doesn't crash and Mario Party 2 has SOUND and is playable but has black screen on battles, you can still make a move and hear if it hit or missed even tho you can't see whats going on.

Last edited by drag4you, Apr 15, 2021
    SaulFabre and raxadian like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Bomberman, pressing, fixing