s1aught3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys!

as the title says, I have been playing a game via Loadiine but decided that I want to try and repack the custom game title from Loadiine format to a wup installable file to install to my hard drive connected via Y-cable so that I can launch the game from my Wii U homemenu.

I have successfully packed Mass Effect 3 using NUSPacker.exe via Windows PowerShell from wux to wud to wup format and I successfully installed it using wup installer gx2. but I believe what made the install a success was that I had the title ID (which I believe is another way of saying game.key? correct me if I am wrong) along with the Wii U common.key that I created with hex.

within wup installer gx2, the failed message I receive is, "Install failed - Verify WUP files are correct & complete. DLC/E-shop require Sig Patch". I tried doing some extensive research and most people that receive this error just re-download a corrupted file and they are able to install their game using wup installer gx2, but it seems to me that this is a solution for a Wii U game, not a custom game.

so then I started wondering about these Sig Patches but haven't really found anything regarding Sig Patches + Tiramisu.

I followed these Github instructions for NUSPacker Loadiine to wup format -> https://github.com/ihaveamac/nuspacker. but I did not include the title ID when I repacked the custom game since I do not have it. But I used Wii u common.key that I created with hex. The instructions state that a title ID is optional because if a title ID is not provided then it will be parsed from app.xml if missing.

long story short, I am stuck! and have nowhere to turn so decided to see if someone can try and provide some insight. any tips or support would be graciously appreciated.

s1aught3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Mass Effects 3 worked you already have sigpatches but for reference they are found at https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/tiramisu/sd-preparation (01_sigpatches.rpx).

Now to your problem: Sounds like something got wrong while usin NUSPacker. Did you try to pack it again and what exactly is this "custom game"?
hey there! yea, I think something has gone wrong during the NUSPacker process. I actually managed to fix the failed installations by fixing my common.key file, supposedly something happened to it and I needed to remake it. so I ended up being able to successfully install the custom game (Just Dance 2022 for Wii U) but when I start the game, I get an error stating: "There is an error in the software's data. Restart the console, and then delete the data for this software, etc, etc."

so this issue is what I am facing now, not really sure what I did wrong during the packing process to have caused this error though.. I stumbled upon this post -> https://gbatemp.net/threads/wup-error-gray-icon-with.582390/ but didn't really seem to find a way to solve the error message.

the custom JD 2022 I installed displays a proper title: Just Dance® 2022. as well as an icon photo.

BUT, I did try installing another custom JD game that I also play via. Loadiine, and after installing this title, I received a blank grey icon displaying a '?' with the title as: ???.

inside of my NUSPacker Configuration (for Just Dance 2022):

Input: "JD_22_[JL21]"

Output: "outputDir"

TitleID: 005000010217000

GroupID: 2170

ParentID: 005000010217000

AppType: 80000000

OSVersion: 0050010100400A

Encryption key: 13371337133713371337133713371337 (I did not include the key so it was extracted automatically from app.xml)

Encrypt key with: D7B00402659BA2ABD2CB0DB27FA2B656

Last edited by s1aught3r,

Aryamanee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems like your meta.xml and iconTex.tga are messed up, do they exist in the meta folder? iconTex needs to be 128*128 pixels 32 bit and uncompressed

s1aught3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like your meta.xml and iconTex.tga are messed up, do they exist in the meta folder? iconTex needs to be 128*128 pixels 32 bit and uncompressed
hi there! sorry for the late response, been caught up with work. but yes! they do exist in the meta folder, not sure how I'd check their specifics though..

Aryamanee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could open meta.xml with a text editor and check that the name tags have a valid name in them and for the icon, you could open it in paint.net, make sure the canvas is 128*128 and then save it again but with the 32 bit and uncompressed.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if that will cause a failed install or not (didn't read all posts), but the icontex, if corrupted, will show a question mark for the icon as well as name, and the game will not boot. this includes wrong save settings.

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again not a fix but a other way you could just download the wup from USB helper instead of going through the hassle of repacking

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...