help extracting files from Entaku no Seito: The Eternal Legend to make English patch

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by kaikaiser, Aug 12, 2015.

1. kaikaiser
    OP

kaikaiser GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Hello everyone. This is my first post on the forum. I want to do an English menu and items patch for Entaku no Seito: The Eternal Legend on psp. Could you, give me advise on what tools I need to extract those files and then once translated put them back? Thanks in advance!!

2. FuryTomic

FuryTomic GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2015
    United States

Well the game looks quite good and it seems like sol trigeer -ish.

So id love to see this transalated but what are your skilks?

Can you hack or transalate?

3. kaikaiser
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    I can translate. It would be something I can do in my spare time. I just don't know how to get to the files. I had someone pull the files from unchained blades exxiv that I am actually translating right now as well.

4. FuryTomic

May 16, 2015
    United States

What format are they in?

5. kaikaiser
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    In text format. When it was ripped it came out in kbd.txt

Last edited by kaikaiser, Aug 12, 2015
  6. FuryTomic

May 16, 2015
    United States

Have u tried opening the kbd.txt in notepad or have you tried googling the format type to see if there are tools for it?

7. kaikaiser
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    If anyone is Interested I do have all the data text as well as the cpk files of script and commu files all in .kbd.txt that I am currently translating. If anyone wants a copy to proof when I'm done and reinsert them for a patch I will gladly do all I can to help. Or if anyone would like a copy to help translate let me know and maybe we can get this amazing game into English. Thanks

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yes it opens fine and I have been translating some of the story and some of the items/skills just fine. I just don't know how to reinsert when done. That's why I was wondering if someone could help me rip the files from Entaku no Seito: The Eternal Legend. Translating isn't the problem it's getting to the files.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sorry for the double post let's leave the unchained blades replies in my unchained blades post. For this post I just wanted help with Entaku no Seito: The Eternal Legend which I want to be my next project. This game needs to be translated it's artwork is just too amazing as is the game play.

8. kaikaiser
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Can anyone give me any suggestions? I would very much appreciated any feed back Thanks

9. Scorp

Scorp GBAtemp Regular

Sep 23, 2010
    Kazakhstan
    Check eboot file (decrypt first). I think you would find lot of text there (usually it is so).

Shinon likes this.
  10. kaikaiser
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    OK decrypted eboot and yes there is a lot of stuff in here. I tried to edit in madediter and import back but the game just crashed on emulator. Also the script and other stuff I need is stuck in a .pak file and I don't know how to open it. Any suggestions? ?

Last edited by kaikaiser, Sep 14, 2015
  11. flame1234

flame1234 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Stuck on Kraken boss (Inshilin first floor). Any pointers?
    (The bosses up to this point you can just attack or use magic with the wizard and eventually they'll die if your party is the right level)

ReadELF output: http://pastebin.com/Hw4kyTpj

Last edited by flame1234, Jun 7, 2016