[Help] Exception Type DSI Error when trying to boot up Smash 4 Mods via SDCafiine

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by RyanAnayaMc, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanAnayaMc
    OP

RyanAnayaMc The ACE

Oct 5, 2015
    United States
    I'm running a 5.5.2 Wii U with Haxchi, and I tried making my own modpack for Smash. First, the dump. I didn't feel like waiting for my disc to dump and stuff, so I downloaded Smash and the 1.1.7 update via Wii U USB Helper, decrypted them, and then copied the files from the decrypted update to the base game. That was the dump I used for Sm4shFileExplorer.

Then I started adding a whole bunch of mods.

I then compiled the modpack and put it on my SD card. Since I'm using the HBL version of SDCafiine, I put it in SD:/sdcafiine/0005000010144F00/content/. Then I tried loading up the mods. I booted SDCafiine via a Haxchi hotkey and proceeded to Smash. While it was loading (still had the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U splash screen), I got an Exception Type DSI Error. I decided it was time to try out SDCafiine's logging to try to find the problem, but I wasn't quite so sure what to make of the file.

I attached the log file to the post since that would probably help troubleshooting.

Is there something wrong with the dump I used, the modpack, or something else I did? Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: So I completely removed the /data/fighter/ folder, ui_character_db.bin, and ui_sound_call_voice_db.bin from the modpack and the game booted up. Is there anything I should look out for when dealing with these database files?

Attached Files:

Last edited by RyanAnayaMc, Jul 24, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice