Keylogger

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I have updated my emunand to 12.10 using daybreak.
Now, the switch is not booting anymore (i mean emunand isn't booting, sysnand is OK)

I can see atmoshpere splash screen but then black screen....

I don't understand, everything went well, updates with daybreak, it asked to reboot, i did but now: black screen

I don't want to recreate an emunand as I have tons of savegames on it...

Anyway to recover?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this will sound preachy (and not helpful now with your problem), but updating firmware is still a kind of risky operation, so saves should be backed up first, to be extra safe.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know this will sound preachy (and not helpful now with your problem), but updating firmware is still a kind of risky operation, so saves should be backed up first, to be extra safe.
Yep, I totally agree, reinstalling games or recreating emunand / EmuMMC is “nothing “, but saves can be lost forever.., so always do regular backups, at least when doing a “major move “, not even taking about a working emunand/EmuMMC backup.

Now, the switch is not booting anymore (i mean emunand isn't booting, sysnand is OK)

I don't understand, everything went well, updates with daybreak, it asked to reboot, i did but now: black screen

Anyway to recover?
Try to open your emunand with nxnandmanager see how it goes…

Last edited by Maupiti,

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Anyway to recover?

Remove any custom sysmodule you have installed.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you update Atmosphere and Hekate to the latest as well? Or just the firmware? Did you update the RCM payload?

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just seems like something in the installation. I've done this several times now and never had any issues. I would try what Raugo said, and/or backup your SD and try a fresh installation of Atmosphere/Hekate

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It just seems like something in the installation. I've done this several times now and never had any issues. I would try what Raugo said, and/or backup your SD and try a fresh installation of Atmosphere/Hekate
Could be some sysmodules , but I’m not sure you will have a black screen instead of a fatal crash with an error log pointing to a content.

half-turok

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I have a similar issue, my emunand won't boot after update from 11.0.1 to 12, I launch Atmosphere and show a message of error.

What can I do?

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
OOh yeah sure! And what do you use to backup saves carefully (without being connect to internet)? thanks a lot!

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which tool do you use to backup savegames?

Is there a tool that allows me to backup all savegames at once without having to select each game individually?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which tool do you use to backup savegames?

Is there a tool that allows me to backup all savegames at once without having to select each game individually?
I know of two tools, checkpoint and jksv. Checkpoint, the one I use, definitely takes cares of all game saves at once. Not sure about jksv, but I would think it does, too.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know of two tools, checkpoint and jksv. Checkpoint, the one I use, definitely takes cares of all game saves at once. Not sure about jksv, but I would think it does, too.
JKSV the one I use, does take care of all saves and users at once , also of Times events , which I’m not sure checkpoint does.

Last edited by Maupiti,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455