Help editing an animated banner

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by zantzue, Jun 1, 2011.

Jun 1, 2011
  1. zantzue
    OP

    Member zantzue GBAtemp Regular

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2009
    Messages:
    102
    Location:
    Basque Country
    Country:
    Antarctica
    Hi there! Long time ago I found an animated wad I liked on the Internet, but the problem is that the frames it uses are not of big quality. The images are sized 122x125. Recently I found the same images in a higher resolution -320x240- and I decided to replace the old images for the new ones by using Customizemii. As the images sizes are different, I opened "banner" tab, resized the tpls to 320x240, changed format from RGB5A3 to RGBA8 and replaced them. As expected, it didn't work [​IMG] -the Wii freezes if I try to get into the channel, the part where the animation is-. I think I have to change banner.brlyt . I extracted banner.brlyt, converted it to banner.xmlyt with a compiled version of benzin I got and opened it with wordpad but I'm not sure what I have to change. I looked for numbers 122x125 -width/height- but I didn't find them. I know how to use benzin to convert the .xmlyt file into a .brlyt file. The thing is I don't know what numbers I have to edit! I have a proper brick protection -Bootmii as boot2-. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.
     
  2. SifJar

    Member SifJar Not a pirate

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2009
    Messages:
    6,022
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    You should see a tag something like this:

    CODE
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ01
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ00
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ00
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂff
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ00
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0.0000000000000000000000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0.0000000000000000000000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0.0000000000000000000000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0.00000000000000000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0.00000000000000000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0.00000000000000000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ1.0000000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ1.0000000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ608.000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ456.000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ

    In the middle of that is this:

    CODE
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ608.000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ456.000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ

    Changing that should do the trick (obviously the original values will be different in yours)

    You may also need to change it in this tag:

    CODE
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ01
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ00
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ00
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂff
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ00
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0.0000000000000000000000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0.0000000000000000000000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0.0000000000000000000000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0.00000000000000000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0.00000000000000000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0.00000000000000000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ1.0000000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ1.0000000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ608.000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ456.000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ

    And perhaps:
    CODE
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ01
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ608.000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ456.000000
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ

    These seem to be the only references to size. The last one is screen resolution, so its probably set to this already, it seems most banners are. The other two I am confused about. I don't fully understand the XMLYT format, but I'm pretty sure this should do the trick.

    EDIT: A bit of reading here: http://wadder2-0.wikispaces.com/Editing+Banners+with+Benzin makes me think it's the tag (i.e. the first one I mentioned). More info can also be found here: http://wadder2-0.wikispaces.com/Brlyt+Documentation

    If there's more than one image then there'll be more than one pic1 tag so you'll need to edit each one, one for each image. (There will be either a tag or a tag [in this case, it would refer to a previously defined material (seen as an tag within a tag) containing a particular tpl] - this will allow you to know which image you are modifying)
     

Share This Page