Hacking help: Easy way to update homebrew channel?

ninjapig88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys so before this semester began around august i installed homebrew channel on my wii back at home. I am not sure what version was around back then but i know it was definitely below version .9. I am glad i also didn't have a chance to update to the recent firmware that ruins things.

I was hoping someone well experienced could help me on how to update it...without officially updating it.

1) What is the best way to upgrade my homebrew channel? Can i do it via the homebrew browser? Or do i have to do it manually?
(I realize i'm asking without my wii in front of me, but help me out if you can)

2) I believe i'm behind the recent firmware updates, i'm pretty sure i won't be allowed to go on shopping channel. I have heard that there are some custom fixes for this, but i'm afraid i don't know where to look. [I searched the forum but i don't think i used good terms to find my answer]

If anyone here can help me out, i'd definitely be appreciating.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey ninjapig88 welcome back to the Wii world!
Sounds like you have been gone for a long time!

To update the HomeBrew Channel: The answer is that if you had the last version witch was 8 and you have your Wii hooked up to the net then it will ask you to auto update it. (this will only update the HBC not your Wii!)

If you don't want to hook it up to the net because you fear updating the Wii's firmware don't worry nothing will happen to it but if you want to install the HBC another way you can just download the installer for the HBCb9 and run it just like ya did when you installed it the first time!
URL-> http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/

I suggest that you at least get your Firmware to 3.2 and install Starfall! and leave the twilight hack save on your Wii! it will help you if you run into problems.

As per the updates to the shop channel and mii channel
those can be fixed with tonas shop installer and the mii channel updater!
tonas shop installer -> http://dl.qj.net/Wii-Shop-and-IOS51-instal...24534/catid/526

mii channel updater -> http://dl.qj.net/IOS50-and-Mii-Channel,-Wi...24906/catid/526

If you need anymore help just ask k!

-Kitt050383

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To add to the post above me, to get your Wii to 3.2 firmware, use cIOS Downgrader. You have to first install a custom IOS (cIOS for short). You can search for one either by the search function here or by Google. Any cIOS should work for this, but Waninkoko's rev 7 is the latest version. Once you've successfully installed that, download cIOS Downgrader here! Choose version 3.2 firmware for your region (since you live in the US choose 3.2U) then it'll do all the work for you. It's also a good idea to install Starfall after that, but there are loads of threads around about that so I won't go into detail too much. Hope this helped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.