jodogohoo1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1.gif

On a certain part of the screen when i slide my styles back and forth really fast the screen becomes so bright i can't see anything.
  • black ds lite
  • bought in china
  • had my ds for about a year
  • r4
  • all games
  • ALL THE TIME : O
EDIT: It doesn't happen anymore... idk what happened but it happen....
what i mean is... It's fine now, but i don't know if it will stay fine
EDIT2: it happens sometimes, and then goes away, and then comes back.
EDIT3: its a certain spot on my touch screen that causes the problem.. or at least it was like this the last time it happened.

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it when your playing a game on a specific flashcard? specific games? all the time? some details would be nice =/

jodogohoo1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
6.jpg

so here i am playing elite beat agents and i have a slider, i slide my styles across the screen and it becomes so bright i can see anything, come on guys =_=
  • happens to all my games

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice to see that EDIT, good job its working fine for you. If it ever happens again make sure that you make a video. Plus if it ever does, and i hope it doesn't, it may be some sort of power issue, but remove the battery or charge your DS.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That .gif was kinda funny. Haha. You could of just told us the problem in words than to make a .gif.

But I would look into just getting a whole new screen, even if it's working fine for you right now. It probably won't last long.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Love the gif in the first post.

Personally I wouldn't go and buy a replacement touchscreen just yet, since the problem might not be the screen itself but some circuitry underneath, and when you push down on the screen it messes stuff up.

jodogohoo1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jodogohoo1 said:
yeah it happened again : \ can i send it in for repairs or something, what are my options
how do i check warrenty, and since i bought it in china and live in canada, will this be a problem

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it shouldn't be a problem.

You need to call up Nintendo and tell them you want to send it in for repairs, then they'll ask what the problem is, then they will ask you what is your DS serial number, which kind of DS it is, and when you bought it.

From there you will know if it's under warranty or not, they will tell you when it was purchased, and if it's still under the 12 month warranty. BUT. It is NOT under warranty if it was caused by self destruction. In your case, it isn't. Sounds like a hardware problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.